Also just thinking while talking with MVI they quoted me like 1300$ for the DVD player and screen and another 300$ for the rear overhead screen harness. That’s 1600$ which is kinda steep. So idk what way is better easier? I assume if I purchased the DVD player off amazon for 130 and I found the flip down screen for 281 of gm parts. What’s left the harness and then the HMI programming which only MVI can do.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also just thinking while talking with MVI they quoted me like 1300$ for the DVD player and screen and another 300$ for the rear overhead screen harness. That’s 1600$ which is kinda steep. So idk what way is better easier? I assume if I purchased the DVD player off amazon for 130 and I found the flip down screen for 281 of gm parts. What’s left the harness and then the HMI programming which only MVI can do.?

Sent you a PM.

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, PAPER said:

Anyone else done this Mod ???

There's been a few members here that have added RSE in a couple different ways that I know of.  If you have any particular questions, just ask.

1 hour ago, BlkSS said:

There's been a few members here that have added RSE in a couple different ways that I know of.  If you have any particular questions, just ask.

What other different ways did they do ?

I was wondering if anyone was able to get the factory

HDMI in the rear of the center console working  ???

1 hour ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I did it was worth it even with a boo boo I made lolemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You mind sharing the BOO BOO You made ?

I am waiting on he harness to get started on my install ...

That can be done but requires a lot more wiring to get done. I didn’t do it as I really just wanted the dvd for the kids so I was happy just doing that.

You mind sharing the BOO BOO You made ?
I am waiting on he harness to get started on my install ...

Lol I cut the headliner a little to big so I had to order a new headliner. Needless to say I measured a 100 times and cut once. The second headliner You don’t have a lot of space it’s a very tight fit. I’m talking a 1/8 inch either side of play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaychevy81 said:

That can be done but requires a lot more wiring to get done. I didn’t do it as I really just wanted the dvd for the kids so I was happy just doing that.

I purchased the factory center console harness & rear HDMI part , Hopefully that will help make things a little easier 

I purchased the factory center console harness & rear HDMI part , Hopefully that will help make things a little easier 

I don’t remember exactly what else was needed I ordered the kit through MVI I know it’s been done not sure what other harness is needed. I know a member on here did it factory to a T and got it all working.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaychevy81 said:

I don’t remember exactly what else was needed I ordered the kit through MVI I know it’s been done not sure what other harness is needed. I know a member on here did it factory to a T and got it all working.

Do you know of any other topics on this forum or maybe other forums on the subject that you might recommend looking at ?

To be honest other then here and a you tube video from MVI there is not much info on this mod that I could locate. What info are you looking for I can give you any tips from my install.

5 minutes ago, PAPER said:

For the factory HDMI, I think that will highly depends on the year of your vehicle.  If you're a 2017+, it's doable as it'll just take some time and money.  If you're 2016 or older, it's easier to splice into the auxiliary input like I did as I believe there's software issues since earlier vehicles didn't ever come with it.  It'd be best to ask WAMS or someone like them to find out for sure on the programming if you're wanting it for a 2016 or older vehicle.  I already had all the hardware by the time I found out GM added an HDMI so I never looked real deep into it.  

31 minutes ago, PAPER said:

If you have that, just buy the corresponding dash harness for RSE and the corresponding options your truck has and the RSE roof harness.  Then you'll just need the Blu-ray/DVD drive, both screens, and a programmed HMI.  To get my rear inputs, that is what I ended up doing but your dash will need pulled and your headliner dropped.  It's not hard, just a little time.

20170527_015316.jpg

Edited by BlkSS
Typo