32 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

If you have that, just buy the corresponding dash harness for RSE and the corresponding options your truck has and the RSE roof harness.  Then you'll just need the Blu-ray/DVD drive, both screens, and a programmed HMI.  To get my rear inputs, that is what I ended up doing but your dash will need pulled and your headliner dropped.  It's not hard, just a little time.

20170527_015316.jpg

Holy Shiz Nitz!!!!

1 hour ago, BlkSS said:

For the factory HDMI, I think that will highly depends on the year of your vehicle.  If you're a 2017+, it's doable as it'll just take some time and money.  If you're 2016 or older, it's easier to splice into the auxiliary input like I did as I believe there's software issues since earlier vehicles didn't ever come with it.  It'd be best to ask WAMS or someone like them to find out for sure on the programming if you're wanting it for a 2016 or older vehicle.  I already had all the hardware by the time I found out GM added an HDMI so I never looked real deep into it.  

I have a 2018 . I already have the rear drop down screen , Blu-ray player  , factory center console harness & rear HDMI section .

W.A.M.S has already programmed my HMI  .

As far as I know I still need the  CD Player to DVD Player harness , & harness for overhead display .

The harness is 299$ from MVI also another issue I ran into. I originally bought a overhead dvd used off eBay. During install for the life of me couldn’t get the remote to work. Again all new territory with this Mod. I got a 3rd row monitor without infrared. I ended up having to buy a new one from the dealer. Not sure what tv you got or where just double check lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PAPER said:

I have a 2018 . I already have the rear drop down screen , Blu-ray player  , factory center console harness & rear HDMI section .

W.A.M.S has already programmed my HMI  .

As far as I know I still need the  CD Player to DVD Player harness , & harness for overhead display .

You'll need a new infotainment screen for your dash too as your original won't have video processing capabilities unless you've already replaced it.  The last time I checked, MVI still hadn't created a kit to add the rear console inputs.  @pgamboa was looking into adding this but I don't know if he's had enough time to finish it as he's crazy busy helping so many members on here with other mods. Be I personally don't know anyone else that was working on (or plans to) the rear console inputs.  If you have a few hundred dollars to spare and depending on your comfort/skill level working on cars, I say replace your harnesses with OEM harnesses like I did since you have everything else but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

You'll need a new infotainment screen for your dash too as your original won't have video processing capabilities unless you've already replaced it.  The last time I checked, MVI still hadn't created a kit to add the rear console inputs.  @pgamboa was looking into adding this but I don't know if he's had enough time to finish it as he's crazy busy helping so many members on here with other mods. Be I personally don't know anyone else that was working on (or plans to) the rear console inputs.  If you have a few hundred dollars to spare and depending on your comfort/skill level working on cars, I say replace your harnesses with OEM harnesses like I did since you have everything else but that's just my opinion.

I have the Infotainment screen  , although I'm starting to think its the wrong unit .

As ( P gamboa) had me check he board for something & it does not have it .

I purchased my parts from a couple salvage yards  , & the dealer for the  center

console harness & HDMI  section

Edited by PAPER

11 minutes ago, PAPER said:

I have the Infotainment screen  , although I'm starting to think its the wrong unit .

As ( P gamboa) had me check he board for something & it does not have it .

I purchased my parts from a couple salvage yards  , & the dealer for the  center

console harness & HDMI  section

Yes there are 2 different 8" infotainment screens.  RSE screens are HDCP compliant as Phil told me a while back which allows for video playback.  He probably had you look for the decoder/deserializer on the board.

• Like 2

Yes there are 2 different 8" infotainment screens.  RSE screens are HDCP compliant as Phil told me a while back which allows for video playback.  He probably had you look for the decoder/deserializer on the board.

Yep. Here are pics of the internal logic board differences. You can see the the bottom boards says “deserializer” on it which is the BluRay/DVD decoder. The screen itself was the same in my case. I had a damaged screen that I was able to salvage that logic board and transfer over. Not knowing it would work or not... and it did! So I was happy about not having to buy and entire screen.

9c52640d95aac93f423ec2e07f7b9ff4.jpg

• Like 2

I did do the front screen but didn’t unlock the HMI I really just wanted it for the kids in the back or maybe up front in park but not while driving anyway. I wanted to do the rear HDMI but figured that’s a lot more involved so I just figured maybe later on.

6 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. Here are pics of the internal logic board differences. You can see the the bottom boards says “deserializer” on it which is the BluRay/DVD decoder. The screen itself was the same in my case. I had a damaged screen that I was able to salvage that logic board and transfer over. Not knowing it would work or not... and it did! So I was happy about not having to buy and entire screen.

9c52640d95aac93f423ec2e07f7b9ff4.jpg

That would be what you had me look for  :D , Unfortunately the screen I purchased did not

have it   . So I'm on the lookout for a front screen  , keep me in mind if you come a cross one

I would highly appreciate it ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali with factory RSE.  Is there a way to add an HDMI port to this setup?  I know it was mentioned above that it was difficult depending on the year, but the statement sounded like it was being made for a vehicle that didn't have factory RSE already installed...

If I already have factory RSE, is there a way to add HDMI (also read that it may be limited to 720p, which I'm fine with).  I'd basically like to add a Chromecast for the kids.  It's easier for a 4-year-old to control my phone than read through text menus in the factory system...

On 1/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, dw886 said:

I have a 2015 Sierra Denali with factory RSE.  Is there a way to add an HDMI port to this setup?  I know it was mentioned above that it was difficult depending on the year, but the statement sounded like it was being made for a vehicle that didn't have factory RSE already installed...

If I already have factory RSE, is there a way to add HDMI (also read that it may be limited to 720p, which I'm fine with).  I'd basically like to add a Chromecast for the kids.  It's easier for a 4-year-old to control my phone than read through text menus in the factory system...

Yes.  Purchase the HDMI Input that I installed from MVI.  It will splice into the AUX input.  That is what I use for my Fire Stick, Chromecast and game systems.  I installed it in place of one of my power ports because it also has a USB port with the HDMI port that you can use to charge if you wire it in as well.

Console Ports 2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is my first time ever be part of one of these chats. So I just got my wife a 2016 Tahoe and it has the dvd entertainment system on the roof, and now I want to add one on my 2017 duramax z71. I was doing good following what was said on the first page of this chat but then go lost. Hahaha. I needed some help with how to go about getting all the things I’m going to needed to add this entertainment system. As of right now I have no sun roof, and just CD player. Can you guys refer me to pages to check out and maybe a list and prices of the things I need. I also like to add the  functions of the back of the center console too so I can hook up a fire stick for the kids if they get bored of the Dvd’s They have thanks and hope to get some good info 

It can be done I did it in my 2018 it’s not cheap by any means though. There is a thread on here of all part numbers. First thing your HMI needs to be programmed to unlock the RSE options.