Your Quick Guide to 2018 Chevy Silverado Changes

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-82718900-1503353524.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
8-21-2017

The 2018 model year is not a redesign year for the Chevy Silverado. Changes are mainly updates and trim and color changes. Here is a succinct, easy to read list of what changes and the order codes

Every Special Edition Trim:

Black Out Edition – available on WT
Special Ops Edition – available on WT
Rally 1 Edition – offered on Custom
Rally 2 Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) with double cab or crew cab
Redline Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) All Star with double cab and LTZ Z71 (2LZ) with crew cab
Midnight Edition – offered on LT Z71 (2LT) All Star with double cab and LTZ Z71 (2LZ) with crew cab
Realtree Edition – offered on LTZ Z71 (2LZ)
High Desert Package – offered on LT, LTZ and High Country
Z71 Package – offered on LT and LTZ
All Star Edition – offered on LT
Texas Edition – offered on LT and LTZ (offered in Ark., La., N.M., Okla. and Texas)

:

New Features and Trims:

Silverado Custom (1CX) is now available on Crew Cab models
eAssist Packages are now available nationwide
New box side decals on "Z71" and "4x4" models
(PDZ) Custom Value Package
(PCQ) LTZ eAssist Package
(PDM) High Country Deluxe

Color Changes: - Additions

(GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat
(G2X) Havana Metallic

Color Changes - Deletions

(G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat

(GMU) Pepperdust Metallic

Changes to Note:

(IOB) Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7" diagonal color touch-screen is now standard on 1WT models
(UQ3) 6-speaker sound system is now standard on 1WT Regular Cab models
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera is standard on all models (was available on 1WT, 1LS and 1CX 17MY)
(UJM) Tire Pressure Monitor now includes Tire Fill Alert
(PCM) WT Convenience Package no longer includes (UVC) Rear Vision Camera
(KI4) Power Outlet, 110-volt is now free flow option on 1LS. Was part of (PDZ) LS Convenience Package for 17MY
(PCP) Custom Convenience Package now includes (UE1) OnStar and (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio
(Q5U) 17" wheels are now standard on 1LS Crew Cab models

I usually keep up on these but I haven't heard anything about the "High Country Deluxe" package.

Does that mean I can now order a "High Country Deluxe High Desert" and get a High Country with the integrated box, mag ride control, and whatever features come on the Deluxe package?

Why does GM keep adding words to the name?!?!

Good question SK. First, I doubled checked I didn't just make a typo (nope, I can see it in the GM ordering guide). Then went back to the GM media information and it is pretty limited. I suspect we will see some more detailed press releases soon. Here is a cut and paste of what I could find on the 2018 "High Country."

High Country – offered exclusively on the crew cab – 2WD and 4WD
Regular cab models are offered with a 6’6” box or an 8’ box. Double cab models are available exclusively with the 6’6” box, while crew cabs are available with a 5’8” box or the 6’6” box
Silverado High Country embodies rugged luxury and is offered exclusively in the crew cab body, with the 5’8” or 6’6” cargo box, with 2WD or 4WD. It is distinguished by a unique chrome grille with horizontal chrome bars, LED projector headlamps and body-color front and rear bumpers. Unique 20-inch chrome wheels with P275/55R20 all-season tires are standard. Inside, it features exclusive interiors of Saddle Brown or Jet Black with gray stitching, as well as premium leather front bucket seats with High Country logos on the headrests and more

Good question SK. First, I doubled checked I didn't just make a type (nope, I can see it in the GM ordering guide). Then went back to the GM media information and it is pretty limited. I suspect we will see some more detailed press releases soon. Here is a cut and paste of what I could find on the 2018 "High Country."

High Country – offered exclusively on the crew cab – 2WD and 4WD

Regular cab models are offered with a 6’6” box or an 8’ box. Double cab models are available exclusively with the 6’6” box, while crew cabs are available with a 5’8” box or the 6’6” box

Silverado High Country embodies rugged luxury and is offered exclusively in the crew cab body, with the 5’8” or 6’6” cargo box, with 2WD or 4WD. It is distinguished by a unique chrome grille with horizontal chrome bars, LED projector headlamps and body-color front and rear bumpers. Unique 20-inch chrome wheels with P275/55R20 all-season tires are standard. Inside, it features exclusive interiors of Saddle Brown or Jet Black with gray stitching, as well as premium leather front bucket seats with High Country logos on the headrests and more

I know what the High Country is.

I know what the High Desert package is.

I wanted to know what the "(PDM) High Country Deluxe" is ...

I know what the High Country is.

I know what the High Desert package is.

I wanted to know what the "(PDM) High Country Deluxe" is ...

NEW! High Country Deluxe, includes (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (SF1) 22" 7-spoke Silver wheels, LPO, (VQT) Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau cover, (UF2) LED cargo box lighting and (CF5) power sunroof

Archived