2015 silverado 4x4 lifted 9" needing to go back stock

Alright guys question for y'all. I have a 2015 silverado 1500 4x4 lifted with the 9" Mcgaughys lift and on 35s. I want to go back to stock height or really just leveling kit and 33s. So is it possible to take it all off and replace with stock parts since I had to cut parts out to install the lift? I'm pulling trailers everyday now so my gas mileage went to s**t and replacing these tires gets pricey. f93d93ba6c3c6c0b273570f903e96d75.jpg9fa7c37bc379e9972c0fd13e74928cf7.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I know nothing about lifts.

But I would think you reverse the process, put it back to stock.

In today's world you can have and do anything if your wallets big enough. :happysad:

You may be better off regearing the axles and maybe going with smaller rims with same height tires so the tires have more sidewall. From what I've seen, the more sidewall the cheaper it is when you compare tires with the same height with different rim size and sidewalls.

I see no reason why you couldn't put it back to stock, but if you're going to have a shop do it then you're better off with regearing and bigger sidewall tires, or just deal with the MPGs since it would take a long time for the cost of putting back to stock would equal what you lost in gas if you kept it as it is right now.

It is definitely all about money. SouthernSilveradoGuy85's points are right. Leaving it, returning to stock, or buying a new truck are all good options but not as a cost saving measure. Make a change because you want a different setup but don't do it thinking you will save money.

I don't know much about the Mcgaughys lift but the BDS on mine required removing some metal on the axels. I suppose you may be able to weld whatever connector/supports were there back on but I don't know that I'd trust that as much.

I'd look into local shops and check what your options are. May be best just selling it and starting with something stock.

Mcgaughys would be easier to put back to stock than a BDS lift. It only requires you to cut out two pockets off the frame, where as the BDS lift makes you hack up your front diff and cut a pocket off your frame.

Like it has been said above, money will get you wherever you want to be. If you're towing a trailer everyday I would trade in for a 6.0 2500hd. They are a proven workhorse along with the 6L90e trans and 4.10 gears. You'll be getting approximately the same amount of mpg as your current truck but it won't burn through brakes and tires as fast

• 2 months later...

Archived