Turn off traction control/stabilitrac is just a myth eh?

Does turning off Traction Control and Stabilitrac actually turn it off? Granted it isn't snowing yet, but raining should get us close, but something is still engaged despite it being turned off. My new 2015 (new to me) isn't going to be as fun in the winter as my 99 was is it?

Ya holding the traction control button down for a few seconds will turn both off. What you're feeling could be TQ management. From what I understand all it does is prevent full TQ and power at first to try to save the transmission. When I had my '14 I didn't do much that would eventually hurt anything like I did in my '98. But that's when I thought I would have it until it cost too much to keep it going. Now I have an '83 because I basically had to go for something I could pay out right so at least I don't have all that crap to deal with. I actually made sure to get something that didn't even have a computer so I went to a square body.

35mph is correct, so it's basically good if you are crawling down a muddy road or doing winter time donuts in a Walmart parking lot, lol.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I tried a few donuts on the ice road with my 2015, the TCS/SCS overpowers you and makes you do slow motion, grandmother-like donuts. It drives me crazy because with my 2010, I could turn it off and gas it on a logging road and spin right around. Now with this thing driving for me I have to do a 47 point turn or drive an extra 10 miles to find a plowed turn around. I find it infuriating that when you select a driver aid off, it decides for you that it is better to be on. The only solution is wire a switch to the abs fuse so you can kick out all systems as needed. Pretty sad, Corvettes and Camaros get "track mode", and we can't have a "real truck mode".

I tried a few donuts on the ice road with my 2015, the TCS/SCS overpowers you and makes you do slow motion, grandmother-like donuts. It drives me crazy because with my 2010, I could turn it off and gas it on a logging road and spin right around. Now with this thing driving for me I have to do a 47 point turn or drive an extra 10 miles to find a plowed turn around. I find it infuriating that when you select a driver aid off, it decides for you that it is better to be on. The only solution is wire a switch to the abs fuse so you can kick out all systems as needed. Pretty sad, Corvettes and Camaros get "track mode", and we can't have a "real truck mode".

Gonna miss the freedoms of my 99 then! SOB you fun hating police at GM!

I have a clean-ish 98 sitting in my back yard, and a crashed junkyard 06 Avalanche. This winter I plan to 5.3L the old girl if my life allows it.

I have a clean-ish 98 sitting in my back yard, and a crashed junkyard 06 Avalanche. This winter I plan to 5.3L the old girl if my life allows it.

The truck I had before the '14 that I used to have was a '98 Z71 with the 5.7 350 and 3.73 gears. It was only leveled (was leveled when I bought it) and it was a very fun truck. I had a lot of big problems, but that's just how I treated it. When I say big problems I mean I replaced the engine once, then that engine went and that's when I got rid of it. But I also had the trans replaced and the rear axle replaced twice. So when I got rid of it, it was on it's 2nd trans, 3rd axle and on the 2nd engine that needed to be replaced or rebuilt. I'm actually surprised more didn't go wrong because I had it for 10 years. I now have an old '83 that will probably turn into a play toy once I buy something newer as a daily driver. I didn't mind all of the stuff added to the '14 since I was actually going to take care of it so no burnouts or anything. Only time I used the 4x4 was in the snow/ice. No mudding like I did in my '14. When I got the '83 I just wanted a truck without a computer and a straight front axle. So pretty much any square body other than '87 since it had TB injection.

The truck I had before the '14 that I used to have was a '98 Z71 with the 5.7 350 and 3.73 gears. It was only leveled (was leveled when I bought it) and it was a very fun truck. I had a lot of big problems, but that's just how I treated it. When I say big problems I mean I replaced the engine once, then that engine went and that's when I got rid of it. But I also had the trans replaced and the rear axle replaced twice. So when I got rid of it, it was on it's 2nd trans, 3rd axle and on the 2nd engine that needed to be replaced or rebuilt. I'm actually surprised more didn't go wrong because I had it for 10 years. I now have an old '83 that will probably turn into a play toy once I buy something newer as a daily driver. I didn't mind all of the stuff added to the '14 since I was actually going to take care of it so no burnouts or anything. Only time I used the 4x4 was in the snow/ice. No mudding like I did in my '14. When I got the '83 I just wanted a truck without a computer and a straight front axle. So pretty much any square body other than '87 since it had TB injection.

I just like fish tailing around every corner in the winter! :rollin:

Archived