Golf Carts

Waaazooo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it works in mine

How far over does it hang? I’m concerned because if I were to leave my tailgate down it would hit the tongue jack. Do you have pics or can you explain how this works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How far over does it hang? I’m concerned because if I were to leave my tailgate down it would hit the tongue jack. Do you have pics or can you explain how this works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont have pic till towards the end of October when we load up and head to Tampa.

Before i put a crossbed tool box in the truck, i pulled the cart all the way to the front of the bed. I pulled the tailgate up about half way and strapped it so it wouldnt be so close to my tongue jack on the TT. The WD hitch i use for towing the TT with, is kinda long, so i guess that helps with putting the tongue jack back far enough that it wont hit.

I now have a crossbed tool box in the bed of the truck, but still put the cart in the bed. I leave the tailgate down and purchased a Blue Ox hitch extender https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009APJ1CY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The extender is made of solid steel (dont drop in on your toe or it'll break your toe!)

But it works perfectly. I put the extender in the receiver of the truck, then put the WD hitch in the extender. I just had to make my safety chains a bit longer to reach the receiver of the truck.

As i said, it works perfectly. Ive hauled the cart using the Blue Ox from Atlanta to Pigeon Forge 4 times, Atlanta to Hayesville twice, Atlanta to N. Ga Mtns countless times with zero issues.

All of the above was with my 2500 Duramax until the last trip to Pigeon Forge. While up there, I found the current 2500 Z71 gasser in Knoxville at a dealer, traded in the Dmax, and used the new truck to haul the cart and TT back home. The new 2500 handled it just as well as the Dmax did (hell, actually felt like it pulled a bit better than the dmax did).

When we load up and head for Tampa next month, i'll take a few pics of it loaded up, and if you'd still like to see it, i'll post them up.

Archived