Need help in Houston water contaminated fuel knocked out my truck

clayp

Topped off my tank with about 8 gallons from a station that must have had water in the tank bc motor sputtered and died in about a mile. Engine turns over and will try to catch. Starting fluid will make engine run for 5 seconds. So its not hydrolocked and its getting spark. Need to empty tank and blow out injector lines with compressed air. Does anyone have experience dropping the gas tank? I have a 2014 crew cab 4x4. I thought siphoning wont work bc of anti0siphon valves

Thanks

If you have ISO heet or access to it use that. If not use isopropyl alcohol.... it might take two to three bottles and use caution because the preferred method is drop your tank and remove contaminated fuel. Good luck be safe

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You might not have to drop the gas tank. It should be easier if you can just lift the box up on the left side and access the tank from there. IIRC, on the older trucks there was just 4 bolts holding the box on and the fuel filler to undo and maybe a couple wires. I don't imagine it would be a whole lot harder to lift the box on the 14 & up trucks. There might be a youtube vid showing how to do it on the new ones. There is several showing how to do it on the earlier models;

It goes something like this; Loosen bolts on right side, remove bolts and detach fuel filler on left side. Lift left side of box up and support with length of 2x4 or similar.

Once you have the box tilted up and supported, you can easily access the top of the tank and can then easily drain or pump it out from there.

Are 4wd and 2wd fuel systems and tanks different? Which engine do you have or are all those the same as well? Since you posted you have 4wd but not the engine I am thinking so? Just trying to decipher the info in the original post before making recommendations...

Tyler

Disconnect fuel line, apply power to fuel pump, pump fuel into container?

I did this during the last hurricane in Houston. It will empty your tank quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wish you the best of luck on your recovery efforts out there man.

I could only imagine how much you would rely on your truck .. Hope you get it running soon.

Watching the news it seems awful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Archived