Full brightness backup camera

Posted this in the wrong area...

Just curious... I bought a 2017 Sierra slt. When I back up at night the screen goes to max bright when the backup camera comes on.

It basically washes out seeing anything out of my mirrors and frankly makes it worse than if I wouldn't have it.

What gives!?

For some reason, replacing my back up lights with LEDs helped out a little. The screen stays at full brightness but the image isn't as washed up so you can actually use it

Your washing out the camera as opposed to your eyes. GM designed it to be as visible as possible in bright sunlight, but neglected to program a dim mode when headlights are on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm either confused (highly likely :happysad: ) or not understanding the issue. When backing up at night, my camera automatically dims. It also does that during the day when backing out of my barn, but once in the daylight, goes back to full brightness. I've never had to do anything to it, it's always done that.

I have the same issue, nice to know they finally have an update that should fix it. I have to take mine in at 2500 miles for a bad rack/column, peeling paint, seat movement, raw fuel smell on start, and more transmission issues, might as well get them to update everything at the same time!

I'm either confused (highly likely :happysad: ) or not understanding the issue. When backing up at night, my camera automatically dims. It also does that during the day when backing out of my barn, but once in the daylight, goes back to full brightness. I've never had to do anything to it, it's always done that.

Apparently the 2017s have a software glitch that has the backup camera at full brightness regardless if it's in daylight or nighttime mode. It doesn't dim.... Just the opposite... It ramps up to full brightness on the screen, even at night with lights on.

• Like 1

Apparently the 2017s have a software glitch that has the backup camera at full brightness regardless if it's in daylight or nighttime mode. It doesn't dim.... Just the opposite... It ramps up to full brightness on the screen, even at night with lights on.

Yup.. and it sucks. I'll be mentioning the tsb at my first service next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, had the update applied and got the chance test it out..

It does reduce the brightness of the screen when put in reverse and allows you to see and use your mirrors. GM still didn't provide any way to adjust the brightness with this fix.

• Like 1