After about 50 miles of driving and recording computer data the jerking/bucking continues. The unlocking of converter stops the bucking and when it is reengaged starts up again. They are going to contact GM and see if there is anything to do. They are to contact with results by end of week. My hitch may come into question. Service manager says that it is not a engine problem. Will keep you posted.

On the topic of transmissions, I have a 16' 2500 with 30,xxx miles on it. I bought truck brand new. From new, with windows down and nothing turned on (a/c,radio etc) i can hear a small click or knocking noise coming directly from transmission but only with up or down shifting from 2nd to 3rd or vise versa downshifting. GM Dealership has had it for 3 days. Supposedly drove it 4 times, i also told them exactly how to hear it but they say they hear nothing. So i drove there yesterday and took manager on a ride and immedietly showed him and he agreed he instantly heard it. I explained to him i left detailed instructions on how to hear the noise with 2 different mechanics. Ofcourse as i predicted they drove it with AC cranked and windows up not listening to a single word i told them. They are "re investigating" it but i have little to no hope of them actually admitting to and fixing the problem. They have been nothing but a pain in the d*** with any issue i have had on truck, sales staff is exceptionally awesome but service department there is pure garbage. Im just curious if anyone else has had any similar noise from there powerglide tranny on a newer HD gasser truck?

On the topic of transmissions, I have a 16' 2500 with 30,xxx miles on it. I bought truck brand new. From new, with windows down and nothing turned on (a/c,radio etc) i can hear a small click or knocking noise coming directly from transmission but only with up or down shifting from 2nd to 3rd or vise versa downshifting. GM Dealership has had it for 3 days. Supposedly drove it 4 times, i also told them exactly how to hear it but they say they hear nothing. So i drove there yesterday and took manager on a ride and immedietly showed him and he agreed he instantly heard it. I explained to him i left detailed instructions on how to hear the noise with 2 different mechanics. Ofcourse as i predicted they drove it with AC cranked and windows up not listening to a single word i told them. They are "re investigating" it but i have little to no hope of them actually admitting to and fixing the problem. They have been nothing but a pain in the d*** with any issue i have had on truck, sales staff is exceptionally awesome but service department there is pure garbage. Im just curious if anyone else has had any similar noise from there powerglide tranny on a newer HD gasser truck?

Take this with a grain of salt, but it's a truck. It's going to make noise. What's the problem with it? It makes a click?

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer called me and told me there is some sort of update to transmission I think TCM he does not think it will help but it goes in tomorrow for update. They are also doing to reset the shift learning ???????? Will let you know after my next trip 10/19 for 4 day.

• Like 1

Dealer called me and told me there is some sort of update to transmission I think TCM he does not think it will help but it goes in tomorrow for update. They are also doing to reset the shift learning ???????? Will let you know after my next trip 10/19 for 4 day.

Mine goes in for an oil change tomorrow,I have asked them to look for updates as well hope it works for one of us a the very least. Im sure you will let us know how it goes hope you have good news to share.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been some time long story short the TCM update did not help at all. I will continue with dealer next spring when I have 5th wheel out of storage. I am going to replace slider hitch with a standard fixed hitch to see if that is at fault. I do not think that is the problem but I want to get to the bottom of this problem and not have the hitch be in question. Till next spring have a great Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year.

On 11/6/2017 at 9:32 AM, royg6677 said:

It's been some time long story short the TCM update did not help at all. I will continue with dealer next spring when I have 5th wheel out of storage. I am going to replace slider hitch with a standard fixed hitch to see if that is at fault. I do not think that is the problem but I want to get to the bottom of this problem and not have the hitch be in question. Till next spring have a great Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Year.

My dealership said there are no trans updates. I said I knew someone going to get updates they said then get the info from them. Is there any info on your update you can share with me so I can force there hand? As you can see they probably didn’t check for updates and are basically saying prove there are updates if you want help either that or there aren’t any updates and your dealer lied to you which I doubt. Maybe a part number for the update or something similar on your Receipt. 

4wdriver

The info they gave me is contained in Document ID 4530678. It refers to code P0777 firm 3-2 downshift reprogram TCM Jun 7 2016. I did not have any displayed codes  that I know of I think they thought that this may help my condition. Service labor code 2810155 - Control solenoid valve and transmission control module assembly reprogramming with SPS.

11 hours ago, royg6677 said:

4wdriver

The info they gave me is contained in Document ID 4530678. It refers to code P0777 firm 3-2 downshift reprogram TCM Jun 7 2016. I did not have any displayed codes  that I know of I think they thought that this may help my condition. Service labor code 2810155 - Control solenoid valve and transmission control module assembly reprogramming with SPS.

Thanks for taking the time to give me the info. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2017 at 1:03 PM, royg6677 said:

After about 50 miles of driving and recording computer data the jerking/bucking continues. The unlocking of converter stops the bucking and when it is reengaged starts up again. They are going to contact GM and see if there is anything to do. They are to contact with results by end of week. My hitch may come into question. Service manager says that it is not a engine problem. Will keep you posted.

This past summer truck went thru additional testing replaced torque converter. All this testing and torque replacement did not fix problem. GM has decided to buy the truck back. I want to thank all that tried to help me thru this process.

RRG