Infotainment crash?

So turns out the other day that my torque converter is bad at 7800 miles. Get in it today and the infotainment doesn't work. Black screen. Tried restarting many times. After 10 min on the road this pops up.

60b4fa7e8decf2a92c67e27258ed8987.jpg

Anyone had this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So turns out the other day that my torque converter is bad at 7800 miles. Get in it today and the infotainment doesn't work. Black screen. Tried restarting many times. After 10 min on the road this pops up.

60b4fa7e8decf2a92c67e27258ed8987.jpg

Anyone had this before?

It looks like it thinks it's connected to the dealer system to be updated.. Very strange. I assume it never got beyond the 'copying 0/100'?

Sticker price has nothing to do with it. Don't expect a 65k Denali to be any better in quality than a 25k work truck. They roll down the same assemble line.

Theses are typical new truck bugs in today's trucks. Just get them warrantied and move on. These are the easy things to fix and they are free. You will have other issues to face as your mileage increases but you will pay out of pocket.

HMI issue. My 2016 did this with less than 900 miles on it. The dealer will try to install new software as they've had some updates. My HMI wouldn't accept any software and I had to wait nearly 2 months for a new HMI due to the backorder issue last fall.

HMI issue. My 2016 did this with less than 900 miles on it. The dealer will try to install new software as they've had some updates. My HMI wouldn't accept any software and I had to wait nearly 2 months for a new HMI due to the backorder issue last fall.

theres no way I'm going two months. If I'm paying I expect it to work. Guess we will find out later today

Sticker price has nothing to do with it. Don't expect a 65k Denali to be any better in quality than a 25k work truck. They roll down the same assemble line.

Theses are typical new truck bugs in today's trucks. Just get them warrantied and move on. These are the easy things to fix and they are free. You will have other issues to face as your mileage increases but you will pay out of pocket.

in my mind there's nothing typical about it. Is not free when they want me to go weeks without a vehicle because in Houston they don't have any and won't give me one off the lot.

theres no way I'm going two months. If I'm paying I expect it to work. Guess we will find out later today

To my knowledge the backorder issue has been corrected so I wouldn't sweat it. It will probably be a day or two at least because I doubt your dealership will stock an HMI in house strictly due to the cost of the module.

• 1 month later...

Mine did it when it was less than a month old. Came back on the same day but went out again. Dealer performed an update to the radio which took hours but has worked fine ever since. If it did it once but came back on you're gonna be in the dealer getting it updated sooner than later. But my most fun gremlin was when the hood latch sensor (didn't even know I had till then) went out. Truck also threw a code and put the SES light on because of this sensor. Which meant the remote start wouldn't work. Most fun part was after it was parked and locked the alarm kept going off and notified OnStar that the truck was being stolen. LOL

Archived