Noise after Cabin Air Filter Change

Went to change my cabin air filter and a leaf or something fell straight down which is now causing a terrible humming sound whenever my AC is on. Anybody know of a creative way to get this out without having to pull the whole blower motor out? any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

If you can modify shop vac with downsizing connectors or computer cleaning 3/8" tube,, that should be good to suck-up leaves, dead bugs,, etc..

I found computer cleaning kit and 2 downsized connectors to use my 1-gal vac for all around equipment cleaning..

It really Suck's..

Cheers---K

I had the same issue and tried all of the above. I eventually had to pull the blower motor/fan and remove a tiny piece of leaf. It's straight-forward and easy, just time consuming.

I put it all back except one screw that is about impossible to replace, it's just above the curve in the floor where it transitions to the firewall, if you pull it out you will understand. it took be about 30 min total

I had the same issue and tried all of the above. I eventually had to pull the blower motor/fan and remove a tiny piece of leaf. It's straight-forward and easy, just time consuming.

I put it all back except one screw that is about impossible to replace, it's just above the curve in the floor where it transitions to the firewall, if you pull it out you will understand. it took be about 30 min total

In the middle of typing my reply, yours popped up. Exactly what I had to do.

Thank you for all the suggestions

I think i am just gonna go ahead and pull the blower motor, it will probably be faster than trying to find the parts and assemble a reducer for my vacuum hose. I will post and let you know the outcome whenever I get to it this weekend.

f.uck taking the blower apart. stick your damn hand in there and fish out the leaf. use a small mirror to see where it is first. its not hard.

Couldn't do that with mine when a small leaf fell into the fan. I used a small claw tool and a mirror and got it out.

Could it be a defective air filter?

I took the cabin filter off and ran the blower to make sure it wasn't the filter making the sound. I meant to fix it this weekend but the hurricane that recently rolled through kind of changed my priorities. I will update as soon as I quit being lazy and fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived