2015 Sierra 20" OEM Wheels 2.5" Level, 4"BDS Lift, or 4.5&

i love the way my truck looks when its parked thier standing still (7" lift w/35s)

but once i get in her and driver her around, i kinda start to feel a little regret.

my wife and kids struggle to climb into my truck.

and the ride is no the greatest (lt tires)

i think i would rather have went with a 4" bds and stuck with some 33" toyo mt's.

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. My Sierra is a CC with the standard bed so it's already a big truck. I'm thinking the 2" level won't make much of an impact but the 4" will be about right. Anything more on the lift and I think the CC/standard bed combo will just be too much truck. Does anyone have pictures of a CC/standard bed with 4" lift?

i love the way my truck looks when its parked thier standing still (7" lift w/35s)

but once i get in her and driver her around, i kinda start to feel a little regret.

my wife and kids struggle to climb into my truck.

and the ride is no the greatest (lt tires)

i think i would rather have went with a 4" bds and stuck with some 33" toyo mt's.

i had quite a few 6" kits on 35s including an LML with a BDS 6" that towered over 35s, at this stage with younger kids I still wanted a lifted truck but felt a 4" on 33s was a good compromise

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

i had quite a few 6" kits on 35s including an LML with a BDS 6" that towered over 35s, at this stage with younger kids I still wanted a lifted truck but felt a 4" on 33s was a good compromise

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

Instagram @wildchevys

Do you think the BDS kit will improve ride quality? I notice it's a bit bouncy with the stock setup.

Do you think the BDS kit will improve ride quality? I notice it's a bit bouncy with the stock setup.

imo yes, I think the Zone kit did.

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

Instagram @wildchevys

Thanks for sending over the pics and info. Truck looks great. Do you think you had rubbing issues due to the height or width of the tire?

Probably both but I'm thinking more so the width. They just released some narrower sizes in the same tire. They now make a 33x11.5 which probably would fit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had a 2011 sierra CC with a 4 inch BDS and loved it for the time i had it but really did not want that big of a lifted truck again. On my 16, I originally had a RC level but had nightmare after nightmare with my stock tires rubbing the UCA. So i ended up going with Fox 2.5 Coilovers and Cognito UCA and it fixed all my problems and it rides like a dream on and off road.

Probably both but I'm thinking more so the width. They just released some narrower sizes in the same tire. They now make a 33x11.5 which probably would fit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the tire I've been considering... I'm wondering if the more narrow width would solver the problem with the rub

i had a 2011 sierra CC with a 4 inch BDS and loved it for the time i had it but really did not want that big of a lifted truck again. On my 16, I originally had a RC level but had nightmare after nightmare with my stock tires rubbing the UCA. So i ended up going with Fox 2.5 Coilovers and Cognito UCA and it fixed all my problems and it rides like a dream on and off road.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's so strange that some of these trucks have issues and some are completely fine. There really doesn't seem to be an X factor either. I feel the same way with the lift, I don't necessarily want that big of a truck. I may try the 2" RC level in the front and see how it goes... if I don't like it or if it give me issues than consider the Fox coilovers you mentioned of the 4" BDS. Do you have any pics of your truck when you had it lifted?

• 1 year later...

2018 w/ stamped upper ca’s

2.5” Motofab leveling kit

24x10 Replicas w/6.75 backspacing/+31 offset

35x12.50R24 Comforser MT

Wanting do do away with leveling kit and go with 4” BDS. Anyone know if my wheels will clear the knuckle of the lift with 6.75 backspacing & +31 offset on a 24x10? I’ve been told factory 22s clear, but they are not 10” wide. Inside fender well rubbing at full lock I’m fine with. Mainly concerned with clearing the knuckle. Want to upgrade to relieve the stress on steering components from the 2.5”. 

7E93CFAB-5A4D-4CA2-82F9-F1220DA08B6F.jpeg

75B764C4-CF08-4883-9AAA-8AA64C784BD3.jpeg