How many miles? Engine work if any?

mookdoc6

How many miles now on your Ecotec's 4.3 5.3 6.2? Please state any engine work/repairs done and estimated miles?

40,000 New plugs is all for me! Only because I am GDI anal is why

Are these engines more reliable than FERD'S you tell me.............

Edited by mookdoc6

I doubt that, unless it heavily favored them! I am a low mileage driver, 20k on my now 3 year old 5.3 liter but no problems here. This is my 4th silverado and drove the last 3 till about 150k miles. The 350 in the first two started eating oil at around the 100k mark which was not uncommon for those engines. The last with the 4.8 was the best, not a single problem out of that engine or transmission but all the little things were starting to go like O2 sensors, about every electric motor and switch in the cab, etc.

A dealer may be willing to give you the statistical information.

They are not or would GM give that information other than we are happy with the current engine platform and our customers are too? If you go to a forum you will get more valuable data.

Edited by mookdoc6

The problem with those sites and others like them is that the majority of people who respond are those with issues. GM puts out nearly half a million of these trucks per year so that is about 2 million of the K2's are on the road. Out of that 2 million the majority are pretty happy with their trucks but about 5% are not and if 1% of those get on one of those sites and complains that is 20,000 complaints which would look like all K2's have issues.

• Like 1

I doubt that you will reach a large enough audience in a single forum to get any real statistical info or see any kind of trends, but I may be wrong. A site that is centered around that kind of stuff may be more useful, such as a site like this:

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/2010/

Great Thanks! I am just looking for real unadulterated responses from owners of the these ecotec engines.......Many bought this truck because of the N/A non-turbo V8 the v-6 turbo Ferd thing....GM publicly admitted that these engines will minimize and keep costs low to consumer.....NO PR was ever stated doing that for FERD customers? Please just answer the question if you like if not keep your comments to yourself.

Most of us have owned more vehicles than you have owned pairs of shoes? OK

Edited by mookdoc6

Great Thanks! I am just looking for real unadulterated responses from owners of the these ecotec engines.......Many bought this truck because of the N/A non-turbo V8 the v-6 turbo Ferd thing....GM publicly admitted that these engines will minimize and keep costs low to consumer.....NO PR was ever stated doing that for FERD customers? Please just answer the question if you like if not keep your comments to yourself.

No need for a response like this. First warning. Next you'll get some time off... OK?

• Like 2

Been on active on multiple car forums for 17 years now, that's is one of the weirdest responses I've ever seen.

• Like 2