How many miles? Engine work if any?

mookdoc6

Great Thanks! I am just looking for real unadulterated responses from owners of the these ecotec engines.......Many bought this truck because of the N/A non-turbo V8 the v-6 turbo Ferd thing....GM publicly admitted that these engines will minimize and keep costs low to consumer.....NO PR was ever stated doing that for FERD customers? Please just answer the question if you like if not keep your comments to yourself.

Most of us have owned more vehicles than you have owned pairs of shoes? OK

They all make a bad one now and then. You will hear about the bad ones more. That's a FACT.

:happysad:

Edited by diyer2

They all make a bad one now and then. You will hear about the bad ones more. That's a FACT.

:happysad:

Yup, I agree! There is much talk on here about shaking and plastic dipping some part etc. I would like to see what and how these engines are holding up compared to previous generations.........

• 1 year later...

My 5.3 is up to 221,000 miles. Nothing but spark plugs, tires, and fluids till 210,000. Then had to do a sway bar link. At 218,000 I had an exaust valve burn out so I replaced one head and all the valves and lifters on the drive side. Cost me $1,100 parts and labour. Used head with 50k on it had it checked at a machine shop first. I always run full synthetic oils. My mechanic said the cylinder walls were spotless and the Pistons still had the factory machine hatchings on them. Said if he didn't see the odometer himself he'd have guessed maybe 50-60k miles were on it. So I would ABSOLUTELY say this has been a reliable choice and I plan on hitting 300,000 plus with it. My mechanic has a 2007 Denali with the 6.2 that had 347,000 miles with no major repairs that is his daily driver.

My 15 just hit 70k this morning only regular oil changes, battery replaced at 42k (dealer said it just went bad) been tuned since 15k (no AFM) cabin air filter replaced twice nothing major so far had doubts at fist with the trans but that’s part of why I tuned it to be in 8 always and tires and other bolt ons. Oh and it’s the 6.2. Started running ethanol free fuel 1 week ago runs smoother.

2 hours ago, silveradosid said:

93000 been using a range device since 68k no catch can . replaced vacuum pump , engine runs great but the tranny is starting to do some weird things

No Catch Can? 

But I thought we all had to run them to keep our engines from gumming up with carbon????  :D

The Catch Can fans will probably be silent on this one.

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

No Catch Can? 

But I thought we all had to run them to keep our engines from gumming up with carbon????  :D

The Catch Can fans will probably be silent on this one.

Ohh boy...:lurk: