'17 radio home page?

aczr2k

Just wondering if there was a way to set the radio to stay on the audio screen instead of reverting back to the home screen after the truck is shut off. My '14 stayed on the audio screen no matter how long the key was off. Its a '17 High Country truck. And yes I even looked thru the settings and the book. Thanks

I have a '17 Sierra and it does not have this issue. If I was on the audio screen upon shut-off, that's what comes back on when the truck is fired up the next day. It even recalls what source I was using, USB, FM, Bluetooth, etc. Maybe it's a bug that could be resolved at the dealer??

aczr2k, I was about to make a post about this same issue today on my wife's 17. It does the same thing as you are describing but my 17 3500 comes up on the audio screen each time I start the truck. Her 14 would be on the audio screen when started. I have yet to figure this out so hopefully someone here will be able to help both of us.

Mine will come up on the audio screen if you shut the truck off and restart it shortly after.. like running errands. Now if it sits too long like over night it's on the home screen. It's new I just picked it up Friday,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not alone, my 17 does the exact same thing. It defaults to the home screen every time the truck is turned on, no matter how long it was off for. Never really bothered me but never thought about it until I read this either.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is the "home" screen that you guys are referring too? My 14 and now my 16 always just default back to the last screen that was on when the truck was shut off (nav in my case).

aczr2k, I seem to have fixed the issue on my wife's truck by blind luck I guess. When I was messing with her radio and turned the truck on it went to the home screen like always. At the bottom right of the screen there was an up arrow icon, I pushed that and it brought up the info line across the bottom of the screen. I then pushed the audio button which brought up the radio with the line across the bottom. I then turned the truck off and when I restarted the truck it went straight to the radio like my 17 3500 does. She just told me she has started it 4 different times to day and every time it has come up on the radio screen instead of the home screen. I find it hard to believe that fixed it but stranger things have happened. We will see if it continues to work.

Archived