'17 radio home page?

aczr2k

So here is what I've discovered. If you turn the key on, the radio screen comes up, when you start the truck it goes black and switches to the home screen & doesn't switch back until you select audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 16 Silverado retains the last screen. Wifes 17 Tahoe returns to Home. Mode is retained (plays radio on startup is that's what I last used), but Home is displayed. Tahoe annoys me. Interested in a fix if OP finds one.

So far the procedure I did on my wife's radio back on the 13th is still working. She starts it and it comes up on the radio screen instead of the home screen like it was prior to that. I guess it just worked on her radio and not others. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So far the procedure I did on my wife's radio back on the 13th is still working. She starts it and it comes up on the radio screen instead of the home screen like it was prior to that. I guess it just worked on her radio and not others. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Doesn't seem to be holding for me. I thought it worked, but after 4-5 restarts it seems to go back to Home. Follow the steps again and it starts up on Radio for 4-5 key cycles, then back to Home.

After boot up my '16 returns to the last screen whether Nav, radio, disk or USB. Every 20 or so starts if turned off on Nav it will go to the Nav warning screen to watch the road and not play with the Nav while driving.....pressing "confirm" returns to the last Nav screen. If playing a song on CD/USB when the driver's door was opened, it will return to the exact spot on the song when shut down. Radio head is an OEM Nav with CD/DVD slot that was updated late '16 for the AutoAndroid fix. Nav screen contains buttons for other functions so no need to even to go to Home .....haven't seen the Home screen in months.

The '16 radio is even capable of playing USB *.mp4 videos on the 8" screen when stopped. The '18 Nav head radio on the Traverse lacks a disk slot and cannot play .mp4s off the USB.

Made sure to get the OEM Nav on the '18 because my '17 Impala lacked it and I was forced to use the AutoAndroid & Google maps. Google map monochrome interface is crap compared against the brilliant multi color OEM. Much easier to read and superior voice interface with help on in choosing the appropriate command. The colors correspond to routes, landmarks, road speeds, road conditions and traffic warnings...and the split screen can bring up a lisr of turn by turn directions for a chose route listing projected times and mileage to the next leg..easily worth the extra $500.

• 2 weeks later...

I had meant to post back over the weekend that my wife's radio had gone back to doing the same thing as before. I guess it is good to find out they are aware of it. At least the one in my 17 3500 is working as it should.

Archived