Getting flashed?

fc_glk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is doubly true with the '14+ Sierra's because they don't have a seperate high beam so the bulb is always full bore bright and uses a flap inside the projector to give low or high beams, so while going up a hill the person in front or oncoming gets blasted with essentially a cut in half high beam.

This. I have morimoto HIDs on my stock height Sierra and get flashed often. I can even anticipate when. It's the nature of a single bulb system. If oncoming traffic catches the lights under the cutoff such as when cresting a hill, at uneven intersections, etc, they're essentially seeing a full strength output.

With that said, if you have a leveling kit, make sure to adjust your headlights.

My bad. You commented on someone else's thread about a light bar. My point is we all do things that are technically illegal. The common thought here is if you change bulbs it's illegal. So everyone that puts led bulbs in cargo or plate lights is breaking the law. How am I a jerk if my lights are just as bright as a Mercedes or Audi.

No one on this thread can show any referance info.

Aside from the link to a sellers website.

I love my headlights and would recommend them to others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No worries!

And just so you know the issues isn't brightness, it's the aim of the lights. That's why projector lenses are key. But no need to continue this discussion! Have a good weekend and if any of you are local, stay out of St. Louis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is this law. I read the link Sk posted and that is info off a private sellers website with no reference. I googled the code #108 and read 30 mins of that and found nothing that related to bulbs and housings. Is this like the law that states it is illegal to put a non TPMS valve in a vehicle equipped with a TPMS system. I believe that is a NHTSA regulation.

It's not illegal in the sense of you're going to get arrested, but it's not street legal. Does anyone actually really care? Not really. I have HID's in my halogen projector headlights. I could be ticketed for that should an officer choose, or fail inspection if they actually looked.

No worries!

And just so you know the issues isn't brightness, it's the aim of the lights. That's why projector lenses are key. But no need to continue this discussion! Have a good weekend and if any of you are local, stay out of St. Louis!

I know what YOUR issue is with them. Can't wait for my next trip to St Louis. Maybe I'll drive around with my aux back up lights on in hopes of blinding the world. Muh ha ha

It's not illegal in the sense of you're going to get arrested, but it's not street legal. Does anyone actually really care? Not really. I have HID's in my halogen projector headlights. I could be ticketed for that should an officer choose, or fail inspection if they actually looked.

The problem is that I completely understand that. However as a PA state inspection mechanic I know that I cannot fail a vehicle for that. There is nothing in the regulations on the matter.

So still waiting for something more than heresay

The problem is that I completely understand that. However as a PA state inspection mechanic I know that I cannot fail a vehicle for that. There is nothing in the regulations on the matter.

So still waiting for something more than heresay

But you can fail them for not having offroad lights covered...and not having fogs on lows and driving lights on highs. All of this is something I see all the time being overlooked...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I know what YOUR issue is with them. Can't wait for my next trip to St Louis. Maybe I'll drive around with my aux back up lights on in hopes of blinding the world. Muh ha ha

my buddy does that when people drive like dicks behind him haha

• 3 weeks later...

Archived