Small Letters in Bottom Left Corner of Dash

Western96

I'm seeing some small letters pop up in the bottom left-hand corner of my info screen on the dash when I'm driving. Usually either E, S, WS, or W. I'm assuming it has something to do with the mode the engine is in, like "E" is probably the 4-cylinder mode and "S" is some kind of sport mode for acceleration.

Could someone enlighten me as to what these mean?

I'm seeing some small letters pop up in the bottom left-hand corner of my info screen on the dash when I'm driving. Usually either E, S, WS, or W. I'm assuming it has something to do with the mode the engine is in, like "E" is probably the 4-cylinder mode and "S" is some kind of sport mode for acceleration.

Could someone enlighten me as to what these mean?

If you drive erratically. It spells out NEWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't feel embarrassed, questions are the path to wisdom.

Insults are a sign of insecurity.

wis·dom
ˈwizdəm/Submit
noun
the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
in·se·cu·ri·ty
ˌinsəˈkyo͝orədē/Submit
noun
uncertainty or anxiety about oneself; lack of confidence.

Western96 - don't worry, I think we all go through some kind of learning curve when we get a new vehicle!! That was some funny sh!t though! You'll find that most of the ribbing on this forum is all in jest, no insults intended! Actually, I wish the compass read out in actual degrees versus 8-point direction.

Archived