In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2018 Navigation Map update - version number

Has anyone else updated to the 2018 North America maps yet for the Navigation system for a 16-17 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon?

I was running 84131957 and the gm website said that if I had this version, there is a new update for 2018, part number 84360074.

I got the part number 84360074 on a USB stick, and I followed the instructions, started the update, and after about 50 minutes, it said "Update complete", but after it rebooted, it still showed the same version, 84131957, for my maps in the settings menu.

Shouldn't it have changed it to 84360074? The instructions say to do a search for Buffalo Wild Wings in Chicago, and if a particular address shows up in the POI, then the update was successful, which it did.

Anyone understand the updates and how the version numbers are supposed to work? Was this just some kind of incremental update for just POI's only and not the maps? The box cover says exactly "2018 Navigation System Map Update", so one would expect new maps are part of the package? Interestingly enough, the 2015 MY models have a different part number, so maybe that update included new maps as well? Just guessing here that maybe the maps themselves aren't updated for each map update?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Current version that is on sale now {Oct 10, 2019 to Dec 31, 2019} ($99.00) is the 2019 version that was released in 2018 and is [84524520 (2019) Version]  

*The standard MSRP is $159.99. Sales tax may apply. The $99.99 promotional price expires December 31, 2019. Offer is only valid and update is only compatible with the following vehicles: Chevrolet Colorado 2015, Chevrolet Corvette 2014–2015, Chevrolet Impala 2014–2015, Chevrolet Silverado 2014^–2015, Chevrolet Suburban 2015 and Chevrolet Tahoe 2015.

To place an order by phone, please call 1-866-347-6110.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BubbaJ
      I have a 2021 Acadia SLT and there are two quirks of the infotainment system that are bugging me.

The first is that when the home screen is displayed, the radio tile shows the artist, but not the title of the song.  Seems odd with all the otherwise empty space.  Shows both artist and title when I click through to the radio app, so I know the data is being received.  They just choose not to dsiplay it?

The other is that I have two profiles set in the system, each tied to a key.  My profile is key 1, and my wife's is key 2.  The seat position and the radio presets all behave as expected.  What doesn't seem to happen is any linkage between our phones and the driver profiles.  For example, we can't seem to figure out how to get it to connect to her phone when her key starts the vehicle and vice versa.  A bit less annoying is that we can't get it to figure out how to NOT link both phones.  No matter how many times we unclick "connect secondary phone by bluetooth" it insists on grabbing one phone for apple carplay and the second phone for bluetooth if we are both in the Acadia.  Not a huge deal, just wrong.

What I REALLY want is for the Acadia to connect to her phone when she starts the car, and my phone when I start it.  I don't want my conference calls transferred to the Acadia every time she starts it up in the driveway.

Thanks!

Oh, and don't get me started about GMC wanting $30/month to display traffic on the OEM navigation.  I'll just use carplay.  Volvo and Ford navigation systems both provide traffic for free.  It's pointless to use a nav system that doesn't route around traffic.
    • By Sam Witwicky
      Hi, I'am looking for any and all information for upgrading the current factory non-navigation head unit to a factory navigation unit in a 2013 Suburban. The plugs don't match up so I would need to make my own plug & play harness or purchase one. I already have the navigation head unit and have a Snap On scanner to program it once installed. Infotainment via Ebay sells the complete set with head unit and all with a plug & play harness to accomplish this but they are unwilling to sell just the harness. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-STOCK-OEM-CHEVROLET-GPS-NAVIGATION-RADIO-UPGRADE-CD-HDD-DVD-PLAYER-BOSE/131306773280 
      https://www.infotainment.com/products/gm-premium-factory-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade?variant=324252773
      If I have to make one I will but I would need the wiring diagram from a non-navigation Bose system and a diagram from a navigation unit with Bose as well. Has anyone got experience with this and if so, can you help me out? I'am not looking for aftermarket install. Thank you very much. 
    • By ildarcheg
      Hi guys,

Recently got GMC Yukon Denali 2017 and was thinking of updating Navigation (mostly to get latest Speed limits). I started to google it and mostly got suspicious websites that are offering some kind of DVD disk for $150. Do I have to by this disk in order to update my navigations?

Thanks!
    • By Frankielozano214
      Selling this as a set or separately let me know what u need, send me a PM will sell together for  right price plus shipping 
      price is next to item if you prefer to buy separately 
      •hmi2.5 with navi-225$ Sold
      •Bose Radio Module-75$ 
      •8in screen with digital controls-125$
      •Red Denali Cluster-275$ Sold

• By DanPFW
      I'd like to see if anyone else can reproduce this bug, or if it's just my truck.

With truck sitting (cold boot), start truck and select a destination, could be 2 blocks away.

When you've reached your destination, turn truck off, get out, perform Chinese fire drill, get back into truck.

Start truck, select a new destination, this could be your original point.

Wait a few seconds and computer crashes and the radio volume elevates.

How do we report this bugs to GM so, maybe they'll give a **** and try fixing them?