Ford Finally did it...

They Broke the $100K barrier for the Super Duty! (and I thought they wouldn't do it until next generation!) Fords are now OFFICIALLY the most overpriced trucks in the world!

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/national/ford-reveals-100-000-f-450-pickup-truck?partner=scripps&partner-sub=WTVF&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=scripps&utm_content=WTVF

• Like 1

They Broke the $100K barrier for the Super Duty! (and I thought they wouldn't do it until next generation!) Fords are now OFFICIALLY the most overpriced trucks in the world!

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/national/ford-reveals-100-000-f-450-pickup-truck?partner=scripps&partner-sub=WTVF&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=scripps&utm_content=WTVF

$95k isn't $100k and only idiots pay sticker.

• Like 4

$95k isn't $100k and only idiots pay sticker.

you know how that old adage goes: "there's a sucker born every minute"

Well we are talking about Ford people and I'm sure the only ones that would pay close to that are Ford fanboys. This is a different situation, but I do remember that when the gen 5 Camaro came out, people paid sticker for them with no problem for the first year or so. Also it basically says if you get every option on the highest trim, plus the taxes and fees if you pay sticker it can get to 100K. But, not really all that surprised since a new Cadi Escalade can cost as much before incentives. At least it's the F450 though, so basically a 1 ton dually on steroids. The most I cared to pay for a new truck was my '14 LT which was well equip, but not fully loaded which it had the stuff I liked and didn't have stuff I don't like. That ended up being in the mid 30s. I also don't think I would buy brand new anymore. The only vehicle brand new I'd buy is a Harley and that's because they hold their value so not too worried about losing too much if I had to resale it. Of course I've never bought a truck thinking of resale value, but I'd rather just get used that's less than 5 years old and let the other person lose money by buying it new and the value drop as soon as they drive it away.

Edited by SouthernSilveradoGuy85

Say what you want but the market is there and demand is high very right now. Sure hopes GM steps up their luxury truck game in 2019 and tops some of the current Ford offerings. If you don't like the price, these trucks are not for you. These trucks are marketed toward the buyer that does not get sticker shock and don't care to leave huge amounts of cash to their coddled grand kids.

• Like 2

Can't imagine who would buy in mass numbers. I was a partner in a family business for 40 years recently retired. Being my work required me to travel a lot training and representing my business I would be embarrassed to show up in such an expensive ride. Especially when you could buy packages like the Texas package for a lot less. I own several very nice rides total down add up to 100K. Just don't see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's the size of your wallet.

New , used, still comes down to what you can afford.

Buying new means the depreciation the first few years doesn't matter. Disposable income.

My disposable income was put toward retirement being I hated working.

:happysad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least the vehicle can be used to make money. Unlike those paying $100k for sport cars that sit in the garage most of the time. Still way overpriced IYAM.

Ya you can make money with the F450, but I'd rather spend that 100K on a new Corvette Z06. If I needed a truck that was inbetween a pickup and commercial truck, then I could still get the 450 or 550 without paying nearly that much by just getting a mid level trim. The problem is that it seems like if you want options on a mid trim truck of another brand you have to get a higher trim level with Ford.

Yes it is ugly. Way too much shitty fake chrome on the front along with the way oversized shitty "E" looking headlights

new-2017-ford-super_duty_f~350_drw-laria

The back end.. well.. oversized shitty looking taillights. With an oversized shitty looking Ford emblem and that shitty looking "SUPER DUTY" stamped into the bed. No delete possible there, unless you want to delete the entire tailgate altogether! The rims and exhaust tip sure looks nice though. Sure beats the trumpet we have to have on the duramax.
new-2017-ford-super_duty_f~350_srw-xlt4w

Edited by Colossus