Ford Finally did it...

Whenever I look at Ford trucks I just scratch my head at how unfinished it looks. A great example is the hitch crossmember and how it just hangs under the bumper like they designed the truck then slapped a hitch onto it as an afterthought.

My buddy has a '10 f150 with 60k on the clock. His seat cloth has already worn out, the steering wheel vnyl is in tatters, the tailgate step rattles like a covered wagon when driving, the headliner is covered in water stains from a leak somewhere etc etc. he plans on buying a new ford still...

• Like 1

Whenever I look at Ford trucks I just scratch my head at how unfinished it looks. A great example is the hitch crossmember and how it just hangs under the bumper like they designed the truck then slapped a hitch onto it as an afterthought.

My buddy has a '10 f150 with 60k on the clock. His seat cloth has already worn out, the steering wheel vnyl is in tatters, the tailgate step rattles like a covered wagon when driving, the headliner is covered in water stains from a leak somewhere etc etc. he plans on buying a new ford still...

he must really like it

I used to work at a dealer that had all domestic except GMC. It seemed like there wasn't much difference between the Ford trims. You also seemed to have to get an upper trim to get something available in a mid trim of a GM or Dodge. I guess the only good thing about that is that it's easier to not have to pay for a bunch of features that you don't want just to get a feature you do want. Also you seem to get more for what you pay for with a GM or Dodge. I remember both an F250 Platinum selling for the same as a High Country 3500 Dually.

I used to work at a dealer that had all domestic except GMC. It seemed like there wasn't much difference between the Ford trims. You also seemed to have to get an upper trim to get something available in a mid trim of a GM or Dodge. I guess the only good thing about that is that it's easier to not have to pay for a bunch of features that you don't want just to get a feature you do want. Also you seem to get more for what you pay for with a GM or Dodge. I remember both an F250 Platinum selling for the same as a High Country 3500 Dually.

I once compared a Silverado to an F150 (built them the exact same way: 4WD, Crew Cab, equivalent MSRPs, trim levels, and V8) and not only was the Silverado a grand cheaper than the F150, I was actually able to get a higher trim level in the silverado (an LT Z71, compared to the XLT trim for Ford) to match the ford's price.

It was only a matter of time til trucks got this expensive.

All the guys in TX who want trucks instead of sports cars can rejoice and tell their friends how expensive their truck was

Looks are subjective but Ford continues to raise the bar on trucks . I'm not the biggest Ford fan but numbers are numbers. When your selling an average of 70-80k F series a month , your doing something right. 

Their interiors blow the GM's interiors away . ( heck the RAM has nicer interior then GM) 

More tech / more cameras / a bunch of other things the GM does not have , that the ford Does .

The auto tailgate, the flat floor interior, the damn rear vents in the back ( lol @ gm) , adaptive cruise and few other things im missing.

Now granted the GM is also cheaper in price but end of Day , it just seems like Ford invests more into their trucks , in return they sell about 800-900k trucks a year. A nice investment . 

and so I dont see any problems with Ford selling this $95k truck. People are buying Raptors for 10-15k over sticker ( stupid people) but point is they sell them like your mother apple pie. 

Ill take the GM exterior Looks and the GM 6.2 , but with the Ford or Ram interior.  :) 

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is a lot I like about Ford but their interiors are nowhere near GM, especially in the high trims. Too much plastic, I don't think the look has aged well and most Ford truck seats are way too firm for my tastes.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 4:11 PM, Colossus said:

Yes it is ugly. Way too much shitty fake chrome on the front along with the way oversized shitty "E" looking headlights

new-2017-ford-super_duty_f~350_drw-laria

The back end.. well.. oversized shitty looking taillights. With an oversized shitty looking Ford emblem and that shitty looking "SUPER DUTY" stamped into the bed. No delete possible there, unless you want to delete the entire tailgate altogether! The rims and exhaust tip sure looks nice though. Sure beats the trumpet we have to have on the duramax.
new-2017-ford-super_duty_f~350_srw-xlt4w

Ha,ha funny shitty this that and the other thing....Totally, Agree it goes like this children!  FERD'S look cool on the lot and after 1 year the reality sets in!  Odd thing is I just left IDAHO and those Farmers had about 8-2 GM Duramax's over the FERD Super Duty's.....as for 1/2 tons looks like they don't even think about f-150's not sure if it's the Aluminum front to back masterpiece they despise or the v6?  Maybe combination of both...but those boys drive/USE trucks up there and they are not FERD?

Edited by mookdoc6
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Please dont call me a Ford fan because i bleed GM , ( my 3rd GM truck ) but you cant argue #1 sales. 

You can call their trucks Ugly, you can even name then FERD but they will still continue to dominate . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Please dont call me a Ford fan because i bleed GM , ( my 3rd GM truck ) but you cant argue #1 sales. 

You can call their trucks Ugly, you can even name then FERD but they will still continue to dominate . 

They seem pretty sweet

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

The thing about the sales part is that on paper Ford will always be #1 since they keep Chevy and GMC #s separate since they're technically different brands even though they're the same truck. Some years Ford does sell the most, but in some they don't. Also I'm pretty sure in those sales #s they include fleet sales which it seems like Ford is probably the most used fleet truck. Seems like you see more GM work trucks though than it used to be and it's roughly about even. Also since Ford gave give that info as a technicality then I prefer GM or even Dodge since in their commercials they say they're the most dependable. I prefer more dependable over most sold. IS GM or Dodge the most dependable? I don't really know, but if people want to go by commercials then go by all of them. It's also said that GM has the least cost of ownership which includes maintenance.

Is Ford in general a bad product? No, especially now since they're all the same now when it comes to being dependable with all of the outsourcing they all do. I may sometimes talk sh*t about Ford and sometimes Dodge, but I'm a "Big 3" fan first and then GM. So I would take a Ford or Dodge over an import. So far from what I can tell the only Ford engine that was really bad was the 6.0 Powerstroke. The only real bad thing Ford is doing is pushing the Ecoboosts engines way too hard. They're making it seem like it's some revolutionary engine when it's really just a V6 with 2 tiny little turbos on it. It's not even a bad thing, even though I love V8s. But, what's bad is that they push it as having the power of a V8 and fuel economy of a V6. The truth seems to be that it may have the power of a V8 but it also has the economy of a V8 so you're really not benefiting to anything. I read on another thread on this forum that a guy with I believe the 3.5 Ecoboost said he only get about 10 mpgs when he tows, so that's a lot worse than V8s being put out these days. Then you have the added maintenance of 2 turbos. I'll take a naturally aspirated V8 over a V6 with 2 tiny turbos any days. They're already forcing Ecoboost with having them as the only option in the new gen 2 Raptor and even in the new GT (consumer GT40). So I have a strong feeling that one day you won't be able to get a V8 as an option in the F150s or even in the Mustang, at least in the Mustang GT so you'd have to get a Shelby or Boss or Cobra Jet to get a new V8 Mustang.

• Like 1

You have to own or regularly use both to appreciate the difference between the two brands.   Fords 1/2 tons are way overbuilt and feel like a truck compared to GM 1500s.   That's good if you are pulling and hauling all the time, but I only do that on the weekend, the rest of the week, I enjoy the ride and quietness of my GMC over a Ford.

I would say the Fords feel and look more techy inside which is not something I am interested in, but the younger generation is.   I'm in the tech industry so I understand tech, but I don't care for it in my truck.   My SLE GMC has a better looking/feeling interior than my friends' F150s in my opinion.    

The new generation F150 exterior hasn't grown on me like I thought it would, but the 2018s are looking better.  IMO, the 2014-15 Chevrolets were the best looking of the new class of 1500s, but 2016->2018 are getting uglier while the Ford is getting better.    2018 GMCs still look good to me.

In the 3/4 ton class, I think Ford has it over GM in looks.    I would take a 2018 F250 over a GM 2500 based on looks alone.  

Every bit of that is just my opinion....I buy a truck every 10 years or so and evaluate my choices at the time.  Dodge has never entered in the equation for me....but the Tundra has.

I followed my dad after he’s had nothing but Sierras all my life and I drive GM too. But the new Super Duty is bad to the bone. I would trade my Denali for a King Ranch or Platinum with no question. 100k is pushing it for that monster but I see why they ask 65-70k for the F250. Ford does a lot right,just like GM, and they should get the respect they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1