Oversized Tires On Stock 2017 GM Wheels Pics

I have a 17 Black CC Z71 6.2 with Standard Bed with 20x9 rims. Wife says it's perfect, my wallet says " a few mods won't hurt! I've been thinking of swapping out the Rancho's for Bilstein 5100s all around, but unlike most, I only want the fronts set on the 2nd notch. especially after reading in the level/lift section (of 383) how a few with 20's rubbed after a level. I want a larger tire with a slightly more aggressive look but I gotta be able to keep my rims,.and not hear the tires as i drive down the road plus i like the Black with Red stripe look as well as the letters on the body. I know based on the tire that my mileage will drop, but until Premium goes up to $5 a gallon, I Don't Care! I'll gladly take suggestions from those that have kept the Oem rims and not lifted, especially those that DON'T/NEVER rubbed after swapping tires.

• 7 months later...

Looking at 5100's at this time. May go up 1" . Had truck one year now and still very happy as a driver.

Not so good in the towing department even with my small 20' open trailer with tool box on front. Would never try to pull my 30' 10K boat with this.

Always get out F350 DRW for towing.

MPG's didn't change much if any with  Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/60 R20 added.

Just turn 20K this week.

NCM_1801.JPG

Edited by makosenna
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2018 at 10:09 PM, makosenna said:

Just put Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/60 R20 on my  Black ops DC 4x4. No lift 100% stock with no rubbing and great ride.

Now it looks like a 4x4 with the street tires removed!

Did you see a change in MPG?

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2018 at 10:47 PM, makosenna said:

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 275/60 R20 . Very happy so far

NCM_1804.JPG

NCM_1806.JPG

I am looking to go with the same size Nitto Ridge Grappler tire on the same 5 spoke rim. Did you have any rubbing on the UCA or any where else? Also is your truck  2in leveled?

Thank you!, yes the Toyo's are heavy tires, but, they have done well in wet conditions which is what I was looking for, the SRA's where pretty scary on wet roads. Wildpeaks are great tires as well you should be happy with those.

15 hours ago, Morenar said:

I am looking to go with the same size Nitto Ridge Grappler tire on the same 5 spoke rim. Did you have any rubbing on the UCA or any where else? Also is your truck  2in leveled?

You wont have an issue, my friend runs a 305/55R20 on the same wheel, 2" level, minor rub. you wont have rub with a 275, that is the stock tire width. Width is the problem with rubbing with stock wheels, not the height until you get around 34" tall. 

On 10/2/2017 at 7:31 AM, tnchevy said:

Larger and more aggressive tires will effect your mpg's a lot more than leveling out the truck!!! Most guys that put bigger tires usually don't put street tires on but AT tires and most of them are LT tires so you will end up with a tire that nearly twice as heavy as your OEM's and a more aggressive tread pattern. You will loose 2-3 mpg no matter what others will try to tell you. If you going to take that kind of hit you might as well level out the truck or at least take the air dam off.

I lost around 4mpg with my front 2" level and bigger (heavier) tires.

• 2 weeks later...

305/55R20 Toyo Open Country R/Ts on stock snowflakes with an RC 2” up front. Needs spacers because the 305s rub the arms at full lock, but I get 18-20 mpg on the highway with AFM disabled and a 93 tune. 

4926B208-B61C-4D9F-A574-C2F6E663727F.thumb.jpeg.c997c28550d3b7547a2223303b9182c4.jpegB716F3F0-D655-4770-88C7-A8BC7CB9352D.thumb.jpeg.4ef582706bcc01576c42049cd2803ca6.jpeg