Cadillac Rear View Camera Mirror

Vehicles that currently have this option are

mirror pn from the escalade is

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-mirror-inside-84127821/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Z2xhc3Mtd2luZHNoaWVsZCZpPUdBMTUzNTU1JnI9NCZhPWNhZGlsbGFjJm89ZXNjYWxhZGUtZXN2Jnk9MjAxNyZ0PXByZW1pdW0mZT02LTJsLXY4LWZsZXg%3D

(can not find the camera for the Escalade for some reason)

ct6 camera

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-camera-84130412/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9bGlkLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9QlAxNjU2NTUmcj1sYXllcl8yMSZhPWNhZGlsbGFjJm89Y3Q2Jnk9MjAxNyZ0PXByZW1pdW0tbHV4dXJ5JmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

xt5 camera

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-rear-camera-84130854/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9cGFya2luZy1haWQmaT1CTjE3NzM1NSZyPWxheWVyXzgmYT1jYWRpbGxhYyZvPXh0NSZ5PTIwMTcmdD1wcmVtaXVtLWx1eHVyeSZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz

Still need to find if it has any control modules or anything with it. Hopefully there isn't and it is built into the mirror itself.

Edited by henrypbui

I love these mirrors... Only thing I hate about these mirrors is the amount of flicker / flash some vehicles with LED DRL's or headlamps... have to shut it off when my wife is in the car or it will end up giving her a migrane.

So I did some digging into this and on the 2017 Escalade Upfitter, I see a “DRZ” add on to the A10 Dimming Mirror. The DRZ is simply a coax video Signal.

I’d have to get my hands of the camera module and the mirror itself but I don’t know if I can take the risk of dropping $500 to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I did some digging into this and on the 2017 Escalade Upfitter, I see a “DRZ” add on to the A10 Dimming Mirror. The DRZ is simply a coax video Signal.

I’d have to get my hands of the camera module and the mirror itself but I don’t know if I can take the risk of dropping $500 to explore.

just do it!!

• Like 2

Vehicles that currently have this option are

mirror pn from the escalade is

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-mirror-inside-84127821/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9Z2xhc3Mtd2luZHNoaWVsZCZpPUdBMTUzNTU1JnI9NCZhPWNhZGlsbGFjJm89ZXNjYWxhZGUtZXN2Jnk9MjAxNyZ0PXByZW1pdW0mZT02LTJsLXY4LWZsZXg%3D

(can not find the camera for the Escalade for some reason)

ct6 camera

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-camera-84130412/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9bGlkLWFuZC1jb21wb25lbnRzJmk9QlAxNjU2NTUmcj1sYXllcl8yMSZhPWNhZGlsbGFjJm89Y3Q2Jnk9MjAxNyZ0PXByZW1pdW0tbHV4dXJ5JmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM%3D

xt5 camera 84130854

https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oem-parts/gm-rear-camera-84130854/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9cGFya2luZy1haWQmaT1CTjE3NzM1NSZyPWxheWVyXzgmYT1jYWRpbGxhYyZvPXh0NSZ5PTIwMTcmdD1wcmVtaXVtLWx1eHVyeSZlPTMtNmwtdjYtZ2Fz

Still need to find if it has any control modules or anything with it. Hopefully there isn't and it is built into the mirror itself.

I've played w the one on 18 Traverse! Chevy is coming along.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2017 at 9:04 AM, pgamboa said:

So the camera hooks up with just a coax, no separate power source needed? I am sure the mirror needs the power source though. Doesn't look like the mirrow has all the onstar buttons as we could probably use those power wires for that from the original mirror? I am seriously wanting to do this for towing, blindspots, and recording if possible with a splitter. 

• 9 months later...

Im interested in this, the mirror and wiring isnt the issue.. the issue i see is where do u install the rearview camera, the camera is actually separate camera from ur regular rearview backup feed.. but both camera are housed on the same housing..which is a large chunky looking thing.. finding somewhere to put it is the problem... You'd have to modify ur tailgate handle 

• Like 1

Im interested in this, the mirror and wiring isnt the issue.. the issue i see is where do u install the rearview camera, the camera is actually separate camera from ur regular rearview backup feed.. but both camera are housed on the same housing..which is a large chunky looking thing.. finding somewhere to put it is the problem... You'd have to modify ur tailgate handle 

If it’s doable, that would be the plan. Lol

If it’s doable, that would be the plan. Lol

Why couldn’t you intergrade the second camera and get the third brake light camera just a thought. And use that on the rear view mirror.

• Like 1

Why couldn’t you intergrade the second camera and get the third brake light camera just a thought. And use that on the rear view mirror.

Someone told me that the signal is not just a signal and may use a GMLAN signal. I haven’t had any free time to look into it. And the last I checked, the mirror was crazy expensive. Like $400-$500.

Someone told me that the signal is not just a signal and may use a GMLAN signal. I haven’t had any free time to look into it. And the last I checked, the mirror was crazy expensive. Like $400-$500.

Oh geesh yea that’s a bit pricy if it’s not just a simple coax feed then lol.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 8:09 PM, pgamboa said:

It’s just a Dual switchable camera right? How hard can it be? emoji23.png. Anyone got part #s?

My guess would be not very hard for you. Next to impossible for the rest of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

No serial data circuits or gmlan. Just a coax for the +- video feed..