1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

Damn this is one of the reasons i wont do a turbo. 

I hope it all works out but i couldnt do all this
I dont have to hook it up that way but it will get me instant wastegate hold. As one side sees zero and the other has spring plus pressure then when the controller releases the line pressure it dumps it into the zero side and takes it away from the spring.
The higher spring with also make the turbo work harder as it spins more even when the controller release. But the bov saves the engine as it is air sourced only.
Talked to a guy today that had 560rwhp Silverado with a whipple.a869746d36237ebb7b96b4e372fef759.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Re ran some of the catch can lines. Broke one check valve so tried to order one screwed that up and ordered two. Oh well. Header is installed. Should have been easy but took me a hour. I used a gm gasket and copper rvt seal. Google said factory spec is only 11ftlb. But I read after market with reused bolt is more so it got more. Odd thing was auto part dont have the donut gasket for the header to exhaust. Lucky I had one.
Still need to do the maf breakout. Before next weekend. Waiting on my second 3 bar map sensor to show up.
Oh and waiting on my 8lb spring.1b6d2215f184604e6df5b25c190cb685.jpgd0a0a1bdf896937a46ada5addb74c5e0.jpg9207c6a956a502a29729420d753fab89.jpg30f1d80d46e21b093be8290b0104e0c7.jpg

• Like 2

Got a few parts. 8lb spring or .6 bar. It is huge. Also got my vacuum line so I will just redo most of the lines on the engine, as i have two different sizes now.
I always second guess myself. Thinking maybe should have just jumped right to the 11lb spring. Ugh.... oh well less than $20 to change out.

Oh working on getting a pair of 2500 air bags on the rear. Every kit isn't set up for this much of a lowered truck. If anyone knows a kit for a rear flip 5" lowered please let me know.
1ad27c67ab349cbea78d203de8b66b5d.jpg39ff15cc454a01c52e532d96ca9eb669.jpg436610ce062857bccf3ce3bdb7077e6e.jpg

11 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Got a few parts. 8lb spring or .6 bar. It is huge. Also got my vacuum line so I will just redo most of the lines on the engine, as i have two different sizes now.
I always second guess myself. Thinking maybe should have just jumped right to the 11lb spring. Ugh.... oh well less than $20 to change out.

Oh working on getting a pair of 2500 air bags on the rear. Every kit isn't set up for this much of a lowered truck. If anyone knows a kit for a rear flip 5" lowered please let me know.
1ad27c67ab349cbea78d203de8b66b5d.jpg39ff15cc454a01c52e532d96ca9eb669.jpg436610ce062857bccf3ce3bdb7077e6e.jpg

Helper bag kit?

40 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Yes a helper bag but would like a 2500 bag and not that small one we see on the common kit as it is only a 2000. Also the Firestone bad is rated to hang on a lift where the other bags say they will rip.

Illhave my bag kit for sale soon. Its mcg kit. Completely bolt on. No drilling

Oh id put limit straps.  I dont care what bag it is. i dont want it to over stretch and rip

Edited by Nasty

16 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

How is the cerakote holding up? The headers look great. I’m a big fan of how low key the engine compartment looks. Don’t get me wrong, lots of engines look great with bright colors showing off all the add-ons but there’s something about being subtle that I think is bad ass.

The cerakote is holding great. I but wanted to hold more heat in and the blanket was cheap. I like a OEM or sleeper look. That is why the race core intercooler is blacked out.

2 hours ago, Nasty said:

Illhave my bag kit for sale soon. Its mcg kit. Completely bolt on. No drilling

Oh id put limit straps.  I dont care what bag it is. i dont want it to over stretch and rip

PM me and let me know when it is off the truck. 

On 10/24/2018 at 1:20 AM, 300 Blackout said:

Who made the headers?

Speed Engineering they are like $240 with gaskets of amazon. Only negative is the 3 bolts holes are just holes, no pressed in studs. So mine are welded in bolts. 100 times easier to install and remove. Very good quality.  

So I went to the DYNO DAY but didn't run the truck. I got the new parts later then I thought and had tuning issues. THat code was for BARO so needed the break out on the maf to a external map. I have now installed that and it fixed everything. The truck was seeing 11.3 AFR and I'm told these engine lose power under 12 afr. so that was changing the fuel, timming and idle. Idle was 900-1000rpms. 3 wires easy install, now 12.2 afr under WOT. 

I need to give it more time and data log it. But need to change a lot in the tune. And would need to change timming tables if I add meth. SO.... the ever changing plan now is new spring but keep it under 14psi. This should be 625HP or more and next summer go back to screwing with it. Still like to add air bags in the rear soon!

• Like 1

I know I just said I was done missing with it But.... The flutter when the BOV lets out isn't good and also I'm losing power between shifts. On the dyno it would still make max power as it is a one gear pull but on the street the turbo need to re spool  after ever shift. I must admit I don't understand these bov springs at all. But its says I need a 11psi spring for -20hg engine. Anyone know how these work please let me know. 

Also looking at cams. I like the Lingenfelter GT31, cam limiter,dod delete, lifters, pushrods, trunion, and springs. 

and hate to say it but playing with the idea of smaller rims. 24" look cool but I could use some more rubber. and wheels are so cheap. Pics when new parts so up. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 1:46 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

****NO CORNER STEPS****New bumper is here. For the price I also ordered new sensors. The paint cost on the. Crimson tintcoat is so high I want all done now. Bill was around $2700.
Thinking about getting my extra tail gate handle painted...
Snowing here so exhaust mod needs to wait. c42f425ef20c1b780743dc94ecfe80c2.jpgfce3aea4e7609caffb44d7623fb75c79.jpge55a0f6ac062553d565c4ae1b62500b2.jpg

That is a great looking bumper, I work at a large Chevy collision center and was totally clueless that they even made that guy.Iv'e never run across one. Wish I would have got on this site before I started on my build.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 10:28 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Hit a wall. Need a better Map so ordered the GM 12592525 MAP it is a ZR1 part. Also the NGK LTR71X-11 spark plugs.  2 day prime shipping so goal is higher boost before weekend. And this turbo is LOUD. the whistle and blow off and 0-4psi is heard a block away. Got my muffler, It is a DYNOMAX stainless 3.5" bullet. Still working on what exhaust I want. 

Installed my nav/video in motion. I think that is a must for any 8" screen truck. It unlocks nav, text, email, video. I drive safe but I have the passenger input the radio.

have 2 other project cars that need to get to shops ASAP. 

Attic, floors,tree cut down,electrical, Sink,and new high lift garage door opener install so the Bendpak 4 point car lift can go in. 

All in 83 days before my baby boy is born. Oh and a 1000Sqft basement with bar,bathroom, theater, and office. 

I will not get it all done but it's a goal.  

Not enough time in the day. But hell it's fun. 

I'm tired just reading this!! Saw that you have a friend at Skinny Kid. They are really talented. I remember back in the day when they rolled out the OLDS . 

• Like 1