1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

I dont know what that is but I dont like it. It says turbo timer. Ok no big deal on that but Retard boost? And rev limiter, why what is wrong with the stock one? Also the dial is so small how do you know what it is set to?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I dont know what that is but I dont like it. It says turbo timer. Ok no big deal on that but Retard boost? And rev limiter, why what is wrong with the stock one? Also the dial is so small how do you know what it is set to?

I never saw one before. My pod gauges have a light too. As does the dash gauge. The dial gauge has a light. So if there’re green under acceleration hammer stays down. The dash gauge has a break in the line as long as you’re there every thing seems to be fine. I’m sure the MSD is tide into this too. I don’t race anymore so I’m not that worried about max performance. I dropped it down to 6 lbs of boost from 12. I just like too know what the deal is with it. Move the dials does things. I can make it run bad or ping. No instructions, can’t find anything on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I bought my truck 8 years ago completed. It has boost retard, timing, and rpm limit dial controls under the dash. It has a safe zone the a yellow area, came with no instructions. I tried looking on line for how to work it in conjunction with each other, no luck. I when cleaning the dash accidentally move them one day out of the safe area without realizing. The pinging that resulted I was sure l blew a piston. I move the dials back to the safe area everything was cool. 2b138ecbbff09a432b3be31476ca8857.jpg My truck has a Whipple.

Is that made as like boost controller for your super charger? I've never heard of this. 

Is that made as like boost controller for your super charger? I've never heard of this. 

Me either. It does stuff too. It will cut off at the RPMs you set. You can get it to ping moving the dial around. My problem is I’m hard of hearing. The higher stuff pinging, treble, kids and female voices (lucky me). So I’m skittish about messing too much especially with out instructions. It has forged pistons so I don’t think I would cause too many problems.

Yea that's very interesting. Although rev limit doesn't seem very safe at all lol

Every new vehicle has a rev limiter. That year model truck doesn’t. MSD ignition allows a rev limiter. The controller lets you dial that. That’s the only thing I figured out on the set up. The rest I’m unsure of it’s purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting warmer so finnaly got a few things done. Still need to cut and mod the crossmember for the remote oil filter. But looks like I need to order longer lines.

I need to find out what the extra plug behind the light switch is for. Hope it is the trailer brake controller. Then I can just get a gm one and relocate it under dash.1cd26596ae3770b37ab442ab472c4c9a.jpg8e90000cd70108b3a8409008ded9cabd.jpg572cfb6978d8572ea6b6faebc93552c1.jpg

I've been reading alot on driveshaft issues on our trucks and high speeds. Yours is upgraded right? Seems like a 2pc is the way to go. Although none of them are direct fit because you have to drill for the support. I'm deathly afraid of going 100mph or faster in my truck due to the driveshaft horror stories I've seen. Have you gathered any info in this area?

Mine isn't stock but isn't what I want either. I want the two piece steel smaller diameter shafts. Yes you need to drill the frame rails or weld them in. Being lower the two piece is better on the angles also. I'm in spec but rather have negative pinon angle for the seals and oil supply.
Issue is the shafts are rated at 700hp ish.
And as anyone that has build high end vehicles will tell you that is bs. Torque is the better measurement and where do they get this number? Flywheel or rwhp?
So I was trying to spec a better two piece but not much luck.
I get nervous every time I'm over 100. And done many 140mph runs.

• Like 1

https://www.alldrivelines.com/2014-2018-silverado-2-piece-conversion-drive-shaft-kit-high-horsepower/

Have you seen this one? Rated 800hp? Unknown as to 800hp at the fly or wheels..
I have I would need to mod the crossmember and I question some of it. I think the 800 is flywheel. Love to get the specs of that then have a local shop build them out for me out of better material.