1SLOW1500

1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

I dont know what that is but I dont like it. It says turbo timer. Ok no big deal on that but Retard boost? And rev limiter, why what is wrong with the stock one? Also the dial is so small how do you know what it is set to?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I dont know what that is but I dont like it. It says turbo timer. Ok no big deal on that but Retard boost? And rev limiter, why what is wrong with the stock one? Also the dial is so small how do you know what it is set to?

I never saw one before. My pod gauges have a light too. As does the dash gauge. The dial gauge has a light. So if there’re green under acceleration hammer stays down. The dash gauge has a break in the line as long as you’re there every thing seems to be fine. I’m sure the MSD is tide into this too. I don’t race anymore so I’m not that worried about max performance. I dropped it down to 6 lbs of boost from 12. I just like too know what the deal is with it. Move the dials does things. I can make it run bad or ping. No instructions, can’t find anything on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I bought my truck 8 years ago completed. It has boost retard, timing, and rpm limit dial controls under the dash. It has a safe zone the a yellow area, came with no instructions. I tried looking on line for how to work it in conjunction with each other, no luck. I when cleaning the dash accidentally move them one day out of the safe area without realizing. The pinging that resulted I was sure l blew a piston. I move the dials back to the safe area everything was cool. 2b138ecbbff09a432b3be31476ca8857.jpg My truck has a Whipple.

Is that made as like boost controller for your super charger? I've never heard of this. 

Is that made as like boost controller for your super charger? I've never heard of this. 

Me either. It does stuff too. It will cut off at the RPMs you set. You can get it to ping moving the dial around. My problem is I’m hard of hearing. The higher stuff pinging, treble, kids and female voices (lucky me). So I’m skittish about messing too much especially with out instructions. It has forged pistons so I don’t think I would cause too many problems.

Yea that's very interesting. Although rev limit doesn't seem very safe at all lol

Yea that's very interesting. Although rev limit doesn't seem very safe at all lol

Every new vehicle has a rev limiter. That year model truck doesn’t. MSD ignition allows a rev limiter. The controller lets you dial that. That’s the only thing I figured out on the set up. The rest I’m unsure of it’s purpose.

Oh ok I get it. Sorry to hijack your thread 1slow1500

Back on topic did you buy hp tuners to tune it? What does on3 use for their in house stuff?

Edited by SlowGMC
  • Like 1

I bought the hptuners to tune it.
On3 has used a local guy with hptuners also.
I have tuned in the past but the gen V was a hard learning curve. So I had help a long the way.