1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

11 hours ago, barry G said:

a whole other motor..

I was excited over the new '16 motor getting a boost...but oh well.

It is the stock motor now and some act of god it is holding. Even at 10psi. Fuel is holding out also still haven't raised the base line fuel or even tps at wot is still at 83%. There is a fuel cut off just before shift that is causing the fail safe in the boost controller to cut boost. So it falls on its face with cutting 100% boost at shift and starting back again building in every gear. I can change any boost setting in LM programming but the concern is going lean at 5800rpm. 

And that is why I am working on getting the replacement engine going. That and even with more fuel the rods will never stay around over 600rwhp. I'm starting my drag car build in 60 days so need the truck done. That is a LSX single turbo 1500hp. It will be class car but thinking we may just grudge it.

• Like 1

Gonna be awesome one way or another.

I was quickly reading data values in my dads 2016.. found a 650 psi bouncing around.

I am guessing that is direct injection.

I have no clue, hardly learned anything yet.

I found divorced water pump, and a measure for humidity, that can alter AF and timing.

lots of variables.. I bet the 16+ gets an aftermarket guru in the future.

Edited by barry G

On 12/5/2017 at 12:52 PM, barry G said:

Gonna be awesome one way or another.

I was quickly reading data values in my dads 2016.. found a 650 psi bouncing around.

I am guessing that is direct injection.

I have no clue, hardly learned anything yet.

I found divorced water pump, and a measure for humidity, that can alter AF and timing.

lots of variables.. I bet the 16+ gets an aftermarket guru in the future.

Yes like anything new it is more difficult and costly. I have called 6 performance shops in my area and all said hell no. they will not tune or dyno truck. I'm great at the old LS tuning but this new stuff is a curve. I real good and old friend has offered to teach me everything. So I will bit the bullet and learn for myself. Need it for the race car anyways. And he is the best there is so worth it anyways. 

UPDATE*** Learned how to data log boost so I need to log that and adjust the SCG-1. Nice boost controller but hell to program. 

Ordered (again) rear bumper with NO STEPS and new sensors. Body shop will repaint it soon.

Ordered a Vortech 3.5" cone insert. Will install it at the down tube at the fire wall. 

Recall on the SES system but dealer whats my truck to check it over and then order the part. Such BS. So I will just have the part mailed to me and F*ck the dealer. I can plug in the module myself. 

Side note tuning at 12.4psi  and holding......

As far as those values it is about right but I was speaking of the base line inlet pressure it is under 90 and I see people maxing it out at 118.4. Once I can afford (have new engine ready to go ) to MAX up this setup I will push it but for now I have to live at under 600rwhp.  

• Like 1

****NO CORNER STEPS****New bumper is here. For the price I also ordered new sensors. The paint cost on the. Crimson tintcoat is so high I want all done now. Bill was around $2700.
Thinking about getting my extra tail gate handle painted...
Snowing here so exhaust mod needs to wait. c42f425ef20c1b780743dc94ecfe80c2.jpgfce3aea4e7609caffb44d7623fb75c79.jpge55a0f6ac062553d565c4ae1b62500b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

This step-less bumper is from what year/model/supplier?

Well the body shop had a listing through Rockwell. But I don't believe GM ever made one.

It is for 2014+ 

all in all it was $400 shipped. 

Body shop said like $1100-$1300 bumper, $220 plastic upper, + side steps, +sensor mounts,+$470 for paint, and the computer said install requires the bed to be lifted up to get to bolts.  

Believe it or not the company offers it for $414 shipped and free pro paint matched to you code color. Insane.  

• Like 1

I read every post to only be disappointed with your truck not being done. Finish that thing up and post a good long video! Looks great
Yeah the issue is "done" it is tuned very well and even pulled a few 12.4psi days. However this new platform is insane. The newer truck allow for so many extra tuning options. And it is had to say it we are getting everything out of it. I believe I am NOT getting its all. I have some close friends and family that own the largest OEM company's and work on the board at GM . So last week I emailed them. And have a appointment to get it looked at. I'm told 600rwhp is fine. On stock block. So we will see.
Stainless vortex cone came in and I hammered it up the tip. Don't notice a sound difference but need to get it up to temp and see how it is. 282b714cf552e5fb3b7d0b1fee952126.jpg36479411643eef2eac13a0c9c438818f.jpgf931c524f9c9c4f037ef235bbd6ec6df.jpg

I believe it was some of the 14 sierras that has the stepless bumpers. Maybe the allterrain ones? I remember hearing it somewhere a while ago. 
A bit late but yeah early 14 Allterrain had no step bumper. I like it better than the step ones. Hopefully I'll come across a no step bumper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

A bit late but yeah early 14 Allterrain had no step bumper. I like it better than the step ones. Hopefully I'll come across a no step bumper.

Didn't know that. But again at 414.00 painted your factory color band new shipped. Super cheap upgrade. More so that my insurance paid $2700. HA

Didn't know that. But again at 414.00 painted your factory color band new shipped. Super cheap upgrade. More so that my insurance paid $2700. HA

You have a website or something for the company you got it from. For $414 I might buy one myself.

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

You have a website or something for the company you got it from. For $414 I might buy one myself.

Not sure where he got it from, but I know you can get them on eBay, either primed or painted.