SULASTIC SHACKLES REVIEW

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Yes. 

Deaver mini pack or full set?  Do you feel that the rear is too loose or any payload capacity issues?

I'll probably start with one of the two and go from there. I've read the deaver springs eliminate the overload, so there is more squat when you put things in the bed or tow.

1 hour ago, Yondu said:

Deaver mini pack or full set?  Do you feel that the rear is too loose or any payload capacity issues?

I'll probably start with one of the two and go from there. I've read the deaver springs eliminate the overload, so there is more squat when you put things in the bed or tow.

Full set of leaves 15% less rate and a 2" drop. (flatter arc). Removed the 1-1/2" spacer. Sulastic hangers and King OEM length piggy back dampers all at once. Those carry 250 psi of N2 offsetting some of the rate loss. Most of it actually. If I remember right this pack has 15 leaves on the front half and 14 on the rear. Quite supple.

Correct, there isn't a thick under arched overload. I've never had more than say 500 pounds in the bed and never tow. Doesn't even have a hitch. 

What I can tell you is the back half stays planted over the rough stuff. It sits 3-1/2" lower and without a roll bar and no track bar it goes around on ramps smartly enough few will follow me. No spring wrap up accelerating or on the brakes hard. Very predictable. 

You literally can order what you like from them within the limits of sound engineering. I wanted a more car like experience and got it. IF, and I doubt I ever will, but IF I wanted to pull a 7,000 pound package or haul around a Ton of gravel I'd bag it. I like flexibility. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:24 PM, Yondu said:

Why do you think it could be your swaybar, is it aftermarket?

These trucks don't come with rear sway bars.  I had the Hellwig one installed.  It looked really nice out of the box with seemingly a tough, powder coated finish, but after only ONE winter of driving, the entire thing is already rusted, including all hardware and links.  Hard to tell how much of a difference it makes... my truck does handle pretty well, but I do think it may make off roading a bit stiffer since it doesn't allow for as much flex.