Blutooth defaults to music. Can I set to open Pandora?

I searched the Apple site and similar techie sites but cant find the answer. When I bring my iPhone 6 into my 17 Silverado, Apple music starts to play. I can see the lower banner on the phone, but the app is not open when I double click the home button. I have to open the app to close it and start Pandora or another source of music. I use Pandora most of the time, so I'd like for it to open instead of "music". Anybody else had this problem?

I just deleted apple's music app. If nothing else, I freed up a lot of space on my phone when it deleted 3000+ songs I had stored. We'll see if it worked later.

Good question. Mine does that also, but I don't mind as I'm an avid Apple music user (subscriber). I did a quick search after reading this thread and you're right. There doesn't seem to be an answer for this.

UPDATE: Last night I spent about 20 minutes messing with settings on both the mylink and the phone. I didn't find a way to stop the phone from auto play. Hopefully Apple will address this in a future release.

I'm going to ping some of my fellow software engineers at work. Many have the latest techno gadgetry in their vehicles. Perhaps there is an answer.

Mine won't start playing until I chose a song on my phone, while connected to Bluetooth, and press play. Up to this point it won't just start on it's own. Mine use to, not sure what I did to change that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived