Help with front turn signal wiring on 2017 LT

I just want to clarify to be safe because this is my first time wiring a resistor and leds....

So for the front I need x2 6ohm-50 watt resistor for each headlight (turn signal) and in the back at the tail light (turn signals), I need a total of x4 3ohm resistors which is one for each turn signal bulb right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jmiller11331

For the front, you only need 6 ohm - (50 watt). If you are doing rears also, the rears need to be a 3 ohm. There are 3 ohm (50 watt) and 3 ohm (100 watt). Either 3 ohm will work for the back.

If you’re only doing the front, 6 ohm - 50 watt will be fine.

ok so if I do all turn signals (front and back) I need x2 6ohm for front and x4 3ohm 50watts for the back?

ahh ok thank you I misunderstood!! One more question and I'm done being stupid lol... how do you wire one 3ohm 50watt resistor to two bulbs?

No problem. The tail light itself has only one turn Signal circuit wire running both bulbs and needs to the 3 ohm resistor. The Tail Lamp itself will manage both bulbs. So you need to splice the resistor into the turn signal wire and ground.

• Like 1

For some odd reason I can't find a 3ohm resistor anywhere

Cutequeen 2PCS 100W Watt 3 Ohm Aluminum Case Wirewound Chassis Mounted Resistor (pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0XZTGB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qhO2zb6HG8P70

• Like 2

If you have two 6 Ohm resistors you can connect the two in parallel giving it an overall resistance of 3 Ohms.

Ohms Law: two resistors of equal resistance in parallel gives the effective resistance of half of one resistor.

R (total) = (R1 x R2) / (R1 + R2)

=(6 x 6) / (6 + 6)

= (36) / (12)

= 3 Ohms

• Like 1

assuming for the 2014 and 2015 silverados it would take 3 ohm resistors for both front and back then correct? since there are 2 turn signal lights in each headlights?

PGAMBOA... the wiring diagram you listed for the 2016+ the same for my 2014?

Edited by caskey_b
  • Like 1

assuming for the 2014 and 2014 silverados it would take 3 ohm resistors for both front and back then correct? since there are 2 turn signal lights in each headlights?

PGAMBOA... the wiring diagram you listed for the 2016+ the same for my 2014?
Pretty sure they are the same. But will double check.