Centennial Edition bowties installed.

6 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

I can't wait to see what you decide, they'll look great any way you go.

It is amazing how DARK blue they are.....if I hadn't seen them in person with the bright sunshine (or flashlight) I'd think they were black !

Yeah, I ended up finding a really good airbrush shop(person). Wants $80 + bring my own paint. But she's traveling to different events right now so it might be a week or so before she comes back in town. 

http://www.paintbyagirl.net/

2 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

Looks great, make sure you mark with some good painters (safe-easy release)  masking tape where you old one was....that makes it  alot easier to get the new one in exactly the right spot :)

I use this and it works great and leaves nothing behind.

Mine came with a template(for a Colorado/Silverado) that matches up with the tailgate handle.. 

34118200_10212651960559606_8796059014656950272_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Yeah, I ended up finding a really good airbrush shop(person). Wants $80 + bring my own paint. But she's traveling to different events right now so it might be a week or so before she comes back in town. 

http://www.paintbyagirl.net/

I bet that will look sharp !

2 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Mine came with a template(for a Colorado/Silverado) that matches up with the tailgate handle.. 

34118200_10212651960559606_8796059014656950272_n.jpg

I didn't get that with mine, but hopefully that will make it easier to get it perfect.....I  was worried I was going to stick it slightly off, so I tried every trick I could think of.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Spray paint from a can? Forgetaboutit! Put em on as is.

If they come out with black ones, I’d think about getting a set. I don’t think the blue would look as good as my black bow ties on my midnight edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatchutalkinbout! 

Yeah, I did put them up to the truck and was like, unless you look really close and in the light, you can't really tell they are dark(I mean DARK) blue, almost looks black! I'll wait for that airbrush lady to come back in town and paint them for me. I'm going to pick up a half pint of paint for her to use. I might even color match the inside trims.. haha!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

I bet that will look sharp !

I didn't get that with mine, but hopefully that will make it easier to get it perfect.....I  was worried I was going to stick it slightly off, so I tried every trick I could think of.

Thanks!

Maybe I should scan that template and upload for others to use.. hmmm.... 

On 6/1/2018 at 12:28 AM, Marv88 said:

You know I have never tried that since I learned to take off emblems before that technique was around, but I did try it on the rear bowtie this time and it really did work good....I did have to wear gloves though.....hard to hold that fishing line tight without them and if I"m not mistaken that line got HOT with all the sawing....lol

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 10:12 PM, tbarn said:

Got my front bow tie in today. Now if the rear one will show up.

2018-04-03 16.44.15a.jpg

FINALLY. After 3+ months, I gave up trying to get the rear emblem and ordered a kit.

IMG_20180706_135420539_HDR-picsay.jpg

• Like 2