Centennial Edition bowties installed.

2 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

Hi, Received an email today saying that the rear emblem #84149654 centennial bowtie was shipped from dealer today. They said that #84149652 was currently unavaliable.   The parts man refunded the payment for the front emblem and told me to reorder with a vin.  I located a 2018 centennial edition truck local with the vin 3GCUKSEC8JG205976.   I reordered the emblem and am awaiting an email response from the dealer. 

blob.png

Hey that's great news, I'm glad to hear it !

Was GMpartscenter.net where you ordered them from ?

1 hour ago, SAMS819 said:

Yes that is were I ordered them on OCT. 9th. GMpartscenter.net. The paypal payment is payed to 

Van Chevrolet
[email protected]
480-991-8585

Thanks for the info, I do love these things having a spare would not be a bad idea.

When you see one in person they are going to blow you away, they look even better than in the pictures.

Looked at this Centennial Silverado on the lot of local dealer. It is pretty much loaded up. Check out the bowtie emblem in the bed of the truck.  Chrome Bowtie on steering wheel. There price $55,320.

15808359045x640.jpg

15808359055x640.jpg

15808359044x640.jpg

15808359077x640.jpg

15808359170x640.jpg

15808359263x640.jpg

Edited by SAMS819
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SAMS819 said:

You could go to a dealer and give them vin # 3GCUKSEC8JG205976.  That was the vin on the 2018 centennial truck above.

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Marv88 said:

I like that chrome emblem on the steering wheel as well! Anybody happen to have a part number or know how to got about finding it?

Would it even be possible to swap out the steering wheel emblem? I can't imagine it's only 3M taped on.

1 minute ago, StealthZ71 said:

Would it even be possible to swap out the steering wheel emblem? I can't imagine it's only 3M taped on.

I found pics of a standard gold one on eBay and there are tabs on the back (no tape) so it looks like it just pops off. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marv88 said:

I found pics of a standard gold one on eBay and there are tabs on the back (no tape) so it looks like it just pops off. 

It definitely doesn't just pop off which makes sense now that I think about it since it is attached to the airbag cover.  I couldn't find a picture of the backside of the exact Silverado cover but I did find similar ones and it appears they melt the plastic on the ends of the tabs to keep it in place. Here's the one I found on eBay and I'm guessing that's what the little green caps on the end of the tabs are for. 

IMG_1009.PNG

Just called the dealer with the vin number above and they don't sell the bow tie separately nor the cover so you have to buy the entire unit with the airbag!

On 11/7/2017 at 6:03 PM, SAMS819 said:

Looked at this Centennial Silverado on the lot of local dealer. It is pretty much loaded up. Check out the bowtie emblem in the bed of the truck.  Chrome Bowtie on steering wheel. There price $55,320.

15808359044x640.jpg

15808359170x640.jpg

That is one good looking truck !

If they offered this package with the regular cab I just might be tempted :)

Shame they are honoring the heritage and didn't make it at least available on the regular cab.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:22 PM, Cowboyman said:

Shame they are honoring the heritage and didn't make it at least available on the regular cab.

I agree. After all, the original classic pickup was a regular cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Loco-diablo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...