Centennial Edition bowties installed.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:56 PM, SAMS819 said:

I have a vin from a local 2018 centennial silverado truck and my neighborhood collision center said he could not even get them if he had a wrecked 2018 centennial at his shop? 

Boy that would tick me off.....I would have to call every person I could get ahold of at Chevrolet to fix that !

I told my wife if I ever bought one of those trucks they would have to give me a extra set before I'd buy it, never hurts to have a spare of something so hard to get.

Of all the extra things I have added to mine, these are my favorite.

On 11/7/2017 at 5:03 PM, SAMS819 said:

Looked at this Centennial Silverado on the lot of local dealer. It is pretty much loaded up. Check out the bowtie emblem in the bed of the truck.  Chrome Bowtie on steering wheel. There price $55,320.

15808359045x640.jpg

15808359055x640.jpg

15808359044x640.jpg

15808359077x640.jpg

15808359170x640.jpg

15808359263x640.jpg

Those wheels and that body color are both sick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

Has anybody been able to get the 2018 Centennial Bowties as of yet or now if or when they will be released?

They are national control and backordered.  Just like Z/28 parts, I think they are VIN locked for now until GM releases the accessory kit package.  More than likely, they will be controlled until they build out all or enough Centennial Editions. 

I will probably get slammed here, but here goes. Can you really blame Chevy? How would you feel if you went out and spent all that extra money for the Centennial package only to find out that they are selling off those badges, the biggest thing to tell the world that you own a Centennial package truck. When I was looking at a new truck the dealer showed me one of these. If I didn't have my mind set on a LTZ, I might have bought that. I would have been teed off if I found out that they were selling these emblems to just any Tom Dick and Harry that walked in off the street. Are they sharp looking? Yes they are but I wouldn't put them on my truck. Although it is an 18, it is not a Centennial version. 

• Like 1

I will probably get slammed here, but here goes. Can you really blame Chevy? How would you feel if you went out and spent all that extra money for the Centennial package only to find out that they are selling off those badges, the biggest thing to tell the world that you own a Centennial package truck. When I was looking at a new truck the dealer showed me one of these. If I didn't have my mind set on a LTZ, I might have bought that. I would have been teed off if I found out that they were selling these emblems to just any Tom Dick and Harry that walked in off the street. Are they sharp looking? Yes they are but I wouldn't put them on my truck. Although it is an 18, it is not a Centennial version. 
Totally agree. A guy asked about putting Z71 emblems/stickers on his truck and gets railed. But putting these emblems on when a truck is not a centennial is ok?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209855-z71-grill-emblem/
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, martha3065 said:

Totally agree. A guy asked about putting Z71 emblems/stickers on his truck and gets railed. But putting these emblems on when a truck is not a centennial is ok?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/209855-z71-grill-emblem/

It’s because the Centennial says Chevrolet and since anything with a bowtie is a Chevy it’s OK... But not all Silverados are Z71s so it’s NOT OK... ? 

I’m amazed that nobody has made a vinyl overlay one yet.

And for as much as the Centennial package adds why didn’t GM go with the light up bowtie on these?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

It’s because the Centennial says Chevrolet and since anything with a bowtie is a Chevy it’s OK... But not all Silverados are Z71s so it’s NOT OK... ? 

I’m amazed that nobody has made a vinyl overlay one yet.

And for as much as the Centennial package adds why didn’t GM go with the light up bowtie on these?

But that particular bow tie is the marking of a particular package. Just like the Z71 badge and sticker is the marking for a particular package. Hey, you can mod your truck any way you seem fit. Your truck, your money. Just don't get upset when mother Chevy decides that they want to keep this badge to a selected few. In this case I am on cooperates side.