Just Bought New Truck and Miserable- I think I have the chevy shake

6 hours ago, Chazm said:

Holy crap! They fixed my truck.  It took a year but they finally did it. They did the same thing they always did with the road force balance but this time he said he went through all the TSB‘s and he saw something about exhaust clamp or something I don’t remember. But he said my clamp was loose towards the front.  And now my truck is smooth as butter at 80 mph. If feels like a whole new truckAnd now my truck is smooth as butter at 80 mph. If feels like a whole new truck

Kinda like the leaky roof in a warehouse above the sprinkler system.  They keep fixing the sprinkler system but it keeps "leaking".......  Gotta find the true source....   :cool:

And if any of all y-all ever used a dial indicator - you would know the finish just being a little rough on the diameter of that flange would give those readings on such a precise instrument as a dial indicator.  And you should know that surface has NOTHING to do with the wheel mounting surfaces - assuming you have ever worked on a vehicle yourself..........   :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a 2015 Silverado Crewcab short bed LT Sport Edition in 2015 20” wheels. During the test drive it was good to go. A few days after I bought it I took it on the highway and once it got to 68mph-78moh range it felt like the truck would come apart! Took it to the dealership they balanced all the tires said it was good to go. I picked it up and got on the highway and turned right around, same shake!!! They called me and told they had to replace the drive shaft because it wasn’t perfectly straight. Meanwhile I was reading about the dreaded shake stories!!! They replaced the driveshaft and did the truck still shook. They replaced all four tires with Goodyear Eagles and they road forced balanced the tires and presto. The truck drove like a Cadillac for the next 21/2 years. I traded it in for a 2018 Silverado crewcab LTZ Z71 Redline Edition this past December. To be honest I forgot about the shake and didn’t even take this truck on the highway before I bought it. Zero shake on this truck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived