Falken Wildpeak AT3

I have a set of these and love them. They handle Great in wet conditions and are not very loud. I just got new wheels and had these mounted up from my old ones. Next set I may go wider, but just depends because I already had to trim back my mud flaps from rubbing. Going wider I’d probably have to take them off and I’d rather not run spacers. Wheels are only a -12 offset. I don’t know how people go wider and claim no rubbing lol. Anyways here’s a pic of mine with the new wheels. The double pic is a before and after new wheels and bilstein 5100 leveling shocks installed.

128b204220cad79b74a8db2f54cbb2b6.jpg8e62987b98d7334a1604f1753d525da9.jpg4c75a60e5d3b5ee62bcf557ae8831042.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just got a set of WildPeaks myself. Had a major internal debate between the falkens and another set of Goodyear Duratracs. Did as much reading as humanly possible across multiple forums and even different vehicles running them. While there was a big part of me that really wanted the Duratracs I ultimately chose the WildPeaks.

It really came down to a few reason...

1) Cost: Falkens ended up being $78 cheaper a corner on my tire size

2) Looks: My local tire shop was nice enough to bring 1 of each tire in and allow me to compared them side by side in person. The Wildpeak just flat out looks more aggressive on my opinion

3) Reviews: This may sound backwards but I just couldn’t find a review that would make me not choose the WildPeaks. While I knew the quality of what I’d be getting with the Duratracs, there wasn’t anything from other Wildpeak reviews that made me feel like I was giving up much, if any at all....

4) Warranty: The Wildpeak was the only tire I could find with a mileage warranty on an LT tire.

Only had them on the truck for 200 miles but my initial thoughts are very good. The tires appear to be just as quite as the Duratracs. They also have done great in heavy rain. Furthermore I don’t notice any tread wobble or tram-lining. Looking forward to some snow testing for I consider myself completely satisfied

• Like 1

Just got a set of WildPeaks myself. Had a major internal debate between the falkens and another set of Goodyear Duratracs. Did as much reading as humanly possible across multiple forums and even different vehicles running them. While there was a big part of me that really wanted the Duratracs I ultimately chose the WildPeaks.

It really came down to a few reason...

1) Cost: Falkens ended up being $78 cheaper a corner on my tire size

2) Looks: My local tire shop was nice enough to bring 1 of each tire in and allow me to compared them side by side in person. The Wildpeak just flat out looks more aggressive on my opinion

3) Reviews: This may sound backwards but I just couldn’t find a review that would make me not choose the WildPeaks. While I knew the quality of what I’d be getting with the Duratracs, there wasn’t anything from other Wildpeak reviews that made me feel like I was giving up much, if any at all....

4) Warranty: The Wildpeak was the only tire I could find with a mileage warranty on an LT tire.

Only had them on the truck for 200 miles but my initial thoughts are very good. The tires appear to be just as quite as the Duratracs. They also have done great in heavy rain. Furthermore I don’t notice any tread wobble or tram-lining. Looking forward to some snow testing for I consider myself completely satisfied

I've had mine for a little over a year and they've performed flawlessly. I can't speak to the snow and ice performance because I ran my Cooper ATP tires on my stock 18" wheels through the winter. The Falkens may have seen a couple snows at most. One on the things I like about the Falkens is that they feel like a mild all terrain tire on the highway but look aggressive.
They handle great and performed well the one time I got up to 120 mph. ( In the name of scientific research of course)
Another plus it's that you can get it in a P rated ( extra load) metric in a 20".
The only thing about them I don't like is that they look a little narrow. Compared to the Good Year Eagles, both being 275's the Falkens are quite a bit narrower.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just got my Falkens in a 305/55/20 will be putting them on in the next couple of days. Pictures don't do them justice they are very aggressive for a AT tire imo. I got a steal on them on Black Friday 800.00 to my door Nittos were twice that.

• Like 1

I've been running the ATW 3 for just over 21k. I made a 2300 trip in three days from S.C. to UT without any issues. I stayed in P metric to keep the better ride quality. I went with the 265/70/18. I've had them off road on several occasions and they've done well. Only issue, I just had a road force balance done and two of the four would not go into spec. No biggie, happy with the purchase.f7fa283b75cebc91a127d756fda91503.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I’ve got over 26k on mine. They still have a lot of tread left so I am feeling pretty good about them going up to or past 50-60k.
To be [emoji817] I think the cooper discoverer at3s I had on my 2006 Sierra might have had a little bit better rain traction. Maybe it’s the more power of my 2014 Silverado 5.3 compared to the dog 4.8 in the 06.
Either way I like the tire a lot. Paid around $800 for the LT275 65r18. That was before the $135 rebate and I sold the old cooper stt max that were on there for $200.

Had the chance to run them in the rain and snow a few times.   the GY Duras are MUCH better.   Not even close.   I will be going back to the GY Duras ASAP.   

Here is hoe I would compare them.

Looks (subjective) 

Falken - 10/10

GY - 9/10 (run skinny looking)

Dry

Falken - 9/10

GY - 10/10 (little better on cornering. Not much

Wet/Rain

Falken - 7/10

GY - 10/0

Snow

Falken - 6/10

GY - 10/10

Off Road

Falken - N/A.  I don't take a Crew Cab SIlveraod off road

GY - 7/10.  (Jeep).  Are ok for wet or dirt on easy trailer.   Some logs and roots.   Mud... 4/10

Put these on the 2500HD last week, only about 300 miles so far. Compared to the Bridgestone Duravis M700 that came on the truck OEM these are night and day.  Duravis had 32500 miles

on them, fronts were technically a little over 3/32" but had no siping left at all, center treads were solid rib treads. Rears had 5/32" left, about 2/32" of the block tread left.  BS's overall appeared much narrower, and were very rough ride with terrible wet handling.  AT/3's ride3 nice, are quiet, and so far were good in the 4" snowfall we just had, to the point where I just drove the truck in 4x2.  AT/3's are much wider overall.  I realize we went from a worn commercial grade LT tire to an all terrain LT tire, but still big difference.  We'll see how they hold up.

Had the chance to run them in the rain and snow a few times.   the GY Duras are MUCH better.   Not even close.   I will be going back to the GY Duras ASAP.   
Here is hoe I would compare them.

Looks (subjective) 
Falken - 10/10
GY - 9/10 (run skinny looking)

Dry
Falken - 9/10
GY - 10/10 (little better on cornering. Not much

Wet/Rain
Falken - 7/10
GY - 10/0

Snow
Falken - 6/10
GY - 10/10

Off Road
Falken - N/A.  I don't take a Crew Cab SIlveraod off road
GY - 7/10.  (Jeep).  Are ok for wet or dirt on easy trailer.   Some logs and roots.   Mud... 4/10

I know we all have different experiences but I would rate the Falkens WAY better then the Duratracs. Night and day better.
I bought the Duratracs and took them back ASAP. Very dangerous highway manners compared to the Falkens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fair enough.   I've been running them on my trucks for (4) years.  2013, and 2015 Silverado 1500s.   I put about 75K on each set.   I also run them on my Wrangler (33s).   I tried the KO2s as well.   GREAT tire.   I'd say as good as the Duratracs.  These Falkens are not keeping tread anywhere near as well.  (I have 8K on them now).  I cant imagine they last more than 30-35K.   I feel the slip on wet payment as wel.   To be fair, this is my first 20" rim with them.   Both 13 and 15 had 18" and the Wrangler 15".   I'll be swapping out soon/when can and will report back.

• 1 month later...

We have had a decent amount of snow here in SW lower Michigan and the tires have done great so far. Still Very happy with them. Recently upgraded my wheels also and they look great with the new wheels.

5a612f3437c26_BR1.thumb.jpg.497852dd5c9a8b6ac1576e05a1b890da.jpg5a612f6a6c766_BR3.thumb.jpg.fe2340f608b6066aefa57bcbaa6a8141.jpg

• Like 4

I just put the Falken 275/65r18s on my 2015 crew cab with a 2” leveling kit. They seem to be relatively quiet (though louder than my previous General AT2s) but have pretty good traction in the snow. This past weekend I got 22 MPG on my trip back to New York from Virginia. I love the look and for the price they are hard to beat (since the AT2s were discontinued). Don’t think you can go wrong with them though. I think it’s obvious but I truly loved my AT2s and were disappointed when they were discontinued but these are a close second for me.

e674843f9c70f7eb7dfb95e2b650fc96.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk