Falken Wildpeak AT3

I know this thread is from last year but it was the most recent thread I found about these tires. What are people running for pressures in these? The tire place set them to 36psi as stated on the door sticker but upping them to 42 resulted in a bump in mileage.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:00 PM, squeak93 said:

Door sticker is for factory tires only. Run within the pressure of your side wall to your personal liking and don’t look back. 

I was looking more for feedback based on experience. I've already strayed from the door sticker. I was thinking of bumping it up some more but wasn't sure what pressure started wearing the center tread faster.

d73d266ab086cb85437e039d12d9fa57.jpg

I had the BFG tk0s for over 60k miles and liked them but I just swapped for the fallen and so far I gotta say that I like the Falkens more. They are not as loud as the BFG’s and ride great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Fair enough.   I've been running them on my trucks for (4) years.  2013, and 2015 Silverado 1500s.   I put about 75K on each set.   I also run them on my Wrangler (33s).   I tried the KO2s as well.   GREAT tire.   I'd say as good as the Duratracs.  These Falkens are not keeping tread anywhere near as well.  (I have 8K on them now).  I cant imagine they last more than 30-35K.   I feel the slip on wet payment as wel.   To be fair, this is my first 20" rim with them.   Both 13 and 15 had 18" and the Wrangler 15".   I'll be swapping out soon/when can and will report back.

My KO2’s slipped all over in the rain. My work truck had the good year duratracks and they were okay in the rain but still slipped. I expect the falkens will be as slippery as the KO2’s. It hasn’t rained here in northern California yet so I can’t compare. The KO2’s were great in the snow! Since the falkens are snow rated I also expect them to perform the same.

47 minutes ago, A.J. Curtis said:

My KO2’s slipped all over in the rain. My work truck had the good year duratracks and they were okay in the rain but still slipped. I expect the falkens will be as slippery as the KO2’s. It hasn’t rained here in northern California yet so I can’t compare. The KO2’s were great in the snow! Since the falkens are snow rated I also expect them to perform the same.

While mine are new and I'm hesitant to judge a brand new tire on how they actually perform, they've been nothing short of amazing in the rain. We've had light rain, heavy rain, flooding, you name it. They grip well and don't hydroplane. I did autocross with my old car rain or shine so I feel I'm a bit for picky about grip than the average consumer and I was impressed with this regardless of their price range.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, Druder said:

I know this thread is from last year but it was the most recent thread I found about these tires. What are people running for pressures in these? The tire place set them to 36psi as stated on the door sticker but upping them to 42 resulted in a bump in mileage.

I have P275/60R20 and have been running 35 PSI front and 32 rear. Wear has been good and even. I have found with previous tires that too much air in the back the tread in the center wears a lot quicker (my bed is usually empty).

8 hours ago, gone_fishing said:

I have P275/60R20 and have been running 35 PSI front and 32 rear. Wear has been good and even. I have found with previous tires that too much air in the back the tread in the center wears a lot quicker (my bed is usually empty).

I did the same strategy, If I'm going to tow or haul anything I can add some air to the rear but for everyday driving it's 3psi lower out back.

• 1 month later...

Looks to be nothing but likes for these tires, today I ordered a set of the LT 265 70R17/10 which has the 18/32 tread depth, a little more than what I need being load range E and 10 ply but my current 17" Blizzak W965 are the same load range and I find the ride to be pretty good. The American racing Wheels are not a proper fit so now looking at some Ultra Wheels, started snowing here today so looking forward to getting them put on and powering through some of the white stuff, the Blizzaks are amazing in the snow but they are mounted on 17" OEM Steel wheels and it's ugly compared to my KMC XD Hoss wheels haha.

I'll post some pictures once they are mounted

Edited by creimes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rkj__ said:

Cool. Let us know how they work out for you creimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I called them today to double check about the rims and they told me they will not fit haha, so they have refunded my order and I'm going to make another order and I may go with the Ultra Wheels Phantom 225 in a 17 x 8 in a 1mm offset

https://www.partsengine.ca/ultra-wheels-phantom-225-satin-black-p-63765.aspx#

Well I called them today to double check about the rims and they told me they will not fit haha, so they have refunded my order and I'm going to make another order and I may go with the Ultra Wheels Phantom 225 in a 17 x 8 in a 1mm offset  

https://www.partsengine.ca/ultra-wheels-phantom-225-satin-black-p-63765.aspx#

You think 1mm offset is going to make all the difference? LoL. What am I missing here?

I’m particularly interested, because I am going to try and fit the same size wheel and tire.

Just now, rkj__ said:

You think 1mm offset is going to make all the difference? LoL. What am I missing here?

haha no I was told the that American racing wheel wouldn't fit because of my brakes, I would like to stay as close to 0mm as possible as I like the way my summer tire setup looks giving it a tad wider stance, the factory wheels were 18mm offset.

59 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

I’m particularly interested, because I am going to try and fit the same size wheel and tire.

Also the Falken tire size I picked needs a 7 - 8.5 rim and I want something all black and don't feel like spending a fortune