Falken Wildpeak AT3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a professional opinion I have been a parts guy for 17 years I recommend for everyone to keep away from falken wildpeaks. nitto terra grapplers, good year duratracs or bf Goodrich are the way to go even though they probably cost a little more they are better tires and hell of a lot nicer looking (no offense to anyone) I am not beating up on falkens but they are better for passenger cars than for trucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2018 at 11:35 PM, Szubi said:

Just a professional opinion I have been a parts guy for 17 years I recommend for everyone to keep away from falken wildpeaks. nitto terra grapplers, good year duratracs or bf Goodrich are the way to go even though they probably cost a little more they are better tires and hell of a lot nicer looking (no offense to anyone) I am not beating up on falkens but they are better for passenger cars than for trucks.

Based on what? 

Edited by Bikemobile
  • Like 1

I currently have Duratracs in stock size. 275/55-20. I’m looking at the wildpeak at3w in 275/60-20. 

Are there any recent reviews on the deep snow and ice traction of these tires. The duratracs are excellent in all conditions, a true “all terrain” tire. My duratracs are just about 60% worn at 23k miles. A little noisy with age but still great in the snow. 

My plan is to replace the DT’s before next winter. I’m trying to decide what to get. 

This might have been the case for the original wildpeaks but certainly not for the at3w’s.

Source: user of falken’s, former user of bfg’s.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

On 12/30/2018 at 10:15 PM, Bikemobile said:

I currently have Duratracs in stock size. 275/55-20. I’m looking at the wildpeak at3w in 275/60-20. 

Are there any recent reviews on the deep snow and ice traction of these tires. The duratracs are excellent in all conditions, a true “all terrain” tire. My duratracs are just about 60% worn at 23k miles. A little noisy with age but still great in the snow. 

My plan is to replace the DT’s before next winter. I’m trying to decide what to get. 

Today I had the rare chance to deal with ice and mud, the tires don't even notice they're not on dry pavement. I'm not 100% in love with these tires but traction is definitely not the issue. Last time it snowed I held my truck sideways uphill in 2wd to make a path for the cars struggling behind me and I could let off at any time and regain traction. I probably looked like an idiot but everyone made it and people get stuck pretty easily most storms.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, Szubi said:

Never seen a 10 ply passenger tire. I have them and so do a bunch of my friends. We all have had good luck with them.

• 1 month later...

almost 60k with more tread left. These tires have never let me down. You are making wild baseless accusations. I vote give these tires a try and will have more money in your pocket and a good set of tires on your truck.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for a new tire in 275/70/18, to slap on new wheels I'm getting(Ultra Hunter -12mm) so I can keep my Cooper AT3 for winter. These Falken come highly recommended and couldn't believe how much lower in price they are than the others in same category.....I thought something was wrong with them. Why are they indeed so much cheaper? 

Edited by Jaycreek7908

On 11/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, gone_fishing said:

I put these tires on my Sierra a little over a month ago. I went with P275/60R20 which is one size taller then stock (33" vs 32"). Got a pretty good deal on them from Discount Tire Direct ($130/tire after rebates). I have put about 3,000 miles on them so far. They have been good on the highway and are pretty quiet for an AT tire. Haven't really got any snow yet so I haven't had a chance to test them on slippery roads. When I was researching these tires, I really couldn't find any negative comments. If they wear well I would definitely buy again.

angle_front.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

tire_1.jpg

tire_2.jpg

tire_3.jpg

tire_4.jpg

tire_5.jpg

Are you at stock ride height? No level kit?  Have you ran into any rubbing?

On 3/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, lodge307 said:

Are you at stock ride height? No level kit?  Have you ran into any rubbing?

Bilstien 5100 shocks up front on 2nd highest setting (about 1.25" of lift). No lift in rear. Some slight rubbing when at full lock in reverse.

I’m looking at the 275/60-20 wildpeak at3w’s also with bilstein 1500’s on the 2nd from highest setting. 

Any other problems? Mpg? Tire noise? Balance issues? Speedo error with gps? 

Thank you.