Gorske

Falken Wildpeak AT3

My own Falken results.  YMMV.

Checking in here with 53,000 miles and counting. They still have good tread and all weather traction. 9357b04e53f7178ec4737a3f3a2f9bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a professional opinion I have been a parts guy for 17 years I recommend for everyone to keep away from falken wildpeaks. nitto terra grapplers, good year duratracs or bf Goodrich are the way to go even though they probably cost a little more they are better tires and hell of a lot nicer looking (no offense to anyone) I am not beating up on falkens but they are better for passenger cars than for trucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2018 at 11:35 PM, Szubi said:

Just a professional opinion I have been a parts guy for 17 years I recommend for everyone to keep away from falken wildpeaks. nitto terra grapplers, good year duratracs or bf Goodrich are the way to go even though they probably cost a little more they are better tires and hell of a lot nicer looking (no offense to anyone) I am not beating up on falkens but they are better for passenger cars than for trucks.

Based on what? 

Edited by Bikemobile

I currently have Duratracs in stock size. 275/55-20. I’m looking at the wildpeak at3w in 275/60-20. 

Are there any recent reviews on the deep snow and ice traction of these tires. The duratracs are excellent in all conditions, a true “all terrain” tire. My duratracs are just about 60% worn at 23k miles. A little noisy with age but still great in the snow. 

My plan is to replace the DT’s before next winter. I’m trying to decide what to get. 

This might have been the case for the original wildpeaks but certainly not for the at3w’s.

Source: user of falken’s, former user of bfg’s.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Just no 22" sizes.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:15 PM, Bikemobile said:

I currently have Duratracs in stock size. 275/55-20. I’m looking at the wildpeak at3w in 275/60-20. 

Are there any recent reviews on the deep snow and ice traction of these tires. The duratracs are excellent in all conditions, a true “all terrain” tire. My duratracs are just about 60% worn at 23k miles. A little noisy with age but still great in the snow. 

My plan is to replace the DT’s before next winter. I’m trying to decide what to get. 

Today I had the rare chance to deal with ice and mud, the tires don't even notice they're not on dry pavement. I'm not 100% in love with these tires but traction is definitely not the issue. Last time it snowed I held my truck sideways uphill in 2wd to make a path for the cars struggling behind me and I could let off at any time and regain traction. I probably looked like an idiot but everyone made it and people get stuck pretty easily most storms.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:35 PM, Szubi said:

Never seen a 10 ply passenger tire. I have them and so do a bunch of my friends. We all have had good luck with them.