Windshield Chip Repair

Just got a rock chip on my windshield and am wondering if anyone has had this sort of thing repaired by a glass installer/repairer such as Safelite. Am curious as to what the end result was and what it looked like after the repair. I don't want the chip to develop into a major crack with winter coming on by moisture getting in the chip and freezing.

Had a rock chip my windshield not too long after I bought it.  Took it to Safelite and dropped it off.  Picked it up later that afternoon and you could still see where the chip was.  They said that repair doesn't necessarily "erase" the chip, but just keeps it from spreading.  That's been 7 years ago and it still hasn't spread, but you can still see where the chip is, though not nearly as noticeable.

If you have comprehensive coverage on your truck, you can usually have the repair done for free.  Insurance company will happily pay for the repair instead of the cost of a new windshield.

I've had it done on several vehicles.  If you look closely, you can see it, but I've never had an issue with the repair.  Good as new.

Sure have. Works real good. You may be able to see it a bit from the inside, but overall, it should be barely noticeable. Had it done by Safelite. My insurance didn't cover it. Ended up being around $130.00.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Currently have a chip in my windshield that is not in my line of sight ( it's just above the wiper on the drivers side, had it repaired, you can still see it but it hasn't spread. If it was higher I would have the windshield replaced.

Archived