Chevy Colorado Shakes

I had an original 2005 Chevy Colorado, which I had no issues with, only thing, it was underpowered but I made due in the high altitude in Colorado.  The truck never let me down.   I have bought 8 vehicles from GM up to now and I am really starting to regret the purchase of my 2015 Chevy Colorado.  The truck has a vibration that appears eerily like the same problem GM has with their 2015-2016 Silverado, Sierra, two of their premier flagship vehicles. lest start by saying, I took the truck on a trip into Texas,. west of San Antonio, where the speed limit is 80 MPH on Interstate 10. One would think you could drive the truck at the posted speed and pass someone when need be.  The truck started shaking violently at 78-82 MPH.  You could see the water bottles in the center console shaking violently, the passenger seat started shaking violently along with seeing the rear of the truck shaking in the mirrors and some vibration in the steering wheel.  My wife commented, Oh my God, what's wrong with this thing.  Upon my return to Colorado via back roads, that were not posted at 80 MPH, I took the truck to the dealership and told them it had a vibration so they balanced and rotated the tires.  I took the truck out to the Interstate to see if they fixed the problem. The truck still vibrated and had a loud clunk now when you turn sharp or back up with a sharp turn. Upon my return, the dealership replaced the upper right control arm, aligned it and gave it back.  I took it on the highway and again the violent vibrations.  I decided to replace the crappy Goodyears it came with.  I bought new tires and took it for a ride.  It still had the vibration, which to me is a safety issue.  I took it back to the dealership and complained. They sent a tech with me.  The tech said he could feel the vibration at low speed, 30-35 MPH and then the violent vibration at highway speed, 78-82 MPH.  He suggested a road force balance, which was done.  I picked up the truck later in the day to be told, they got rid of some of the vibration, but it still vibrates. The service rep told me, that is just the way the truck is.  That I'm afraid to say is crap, no truck should  vibrate like that, it's a safety issue.  I took it back and met with a different service rep who has now been gone ever since I returned with the truck.  The dealership has had the truck since the 8th of September.  They have re-aligned it, road forced it again, contacted GM experts/engineers who have had them measure different portions of the powertrain/driveline.  They recommended tear down of the rear differential and replaced certain parts and shims, still did not fix the problem, now they are suggesting/ and have sent a new differential to the dealership to replace the original.  It appears at least to me they don't know what the real problem is just like with the Silverado/ Sierra.  It is getting  close to the 30 day Lemon Law clause in Colorado for new vehicles under a warranty so we shall see how GM remedies this issue.  I have always relied GM trucks and vehicles but this has me totally frustrated.  I have limited confidence that they can fix this problem, just like the Silverado/ Sierra.  This is not the only problem I noted with this truck.  With less than 500 miles on it, it has had an ignition ping or pre-ignition ping.  I took it to dealership just to have them tell me, the Engineers are aware of the problem and are working on the problem. Really??  I even burn 91 octane it it and still it pings.  To me, GM  fixed this by putting a different engine and 8 speed transmission in the 2017 Colorado's.  If the original was so good why would they change it only two years out, especially when they cannot say the new combination gets any better fuel mileage? The transmission is another issues, it has a mind of it's own.  I was passing a tractor trailer on the Interstate with another following me when for some unknown reason at 75 mph the transmission downshifted and tachometer went almost to redline.  When I took ti to shop, we cant duplicate the problem.  When you try to speed up a little bit, the transmission downshifts like it cant find a gear and when it does, the RPMS' go through the roof and you almost rear end the vehicle in front of you.  Don't know how it got truck of the year 2 times, really don't.  Anyone else having these problems

Archived