Brand new LED 3rd brake light design

http://www.protuninglab.com/201420166.html

http://www.protuninglab.com/3bl-gmc15-3d-led-bk-sm.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140848538938

Anyone have one of these yet?  Looks like the Recon new design that was shown on this forum last year but on Recon website it isn't available yet.  

I have no clue what brand this is but for the price $55 I am thinking or ordering one.

2017-10-18_11-02-21.jpg

The guys that bought aftermarket third brake lights in the past had water intrusion problems.  I can only imagine how ugly that was.  You may want to check for leaks if you put one of these on your truck.

45 minutes ago, roaniecowpony said:

The guys that bought aftermarket third brake lights in the past had water intrusion problems.  I can only imagine how ugly that was.  You may want to check for leaks if you put one of these on your truck.

All of those post about leaking third brake lights were the first thing to pop in my mind as well.  I do like the looks of the brake light in the smoked version.  I just wonder if the cargo lights are as bright as the LEDs that I put in my factory housing.  I can't wait for someone to buy and install one then give us a review.

I just ordered the smoked version will see how good it is and hopefully no leaks. 

I have my stock 3rd brake light modified with a LED dirt Bike LED brake light inside the housing with the Philips 921 LEDs in my stock cargo light.  I like the Philps cargo LEDs but the brake light isn't as nice looking as the protuning model.

HA!  just checked the link in the original post...   shipping to canada = $60!!!  

bahahahahaha!   yea... no thanks!

too bad becuz i would have likely bought one, but $145CAD... no way!

• 1 month later...

Well finally got the 3rd brake light after they shipped me the wrong one initially. It doesn’t fit I had to trim the alignment tabs on the light so it would go on and even after screwed on tight it had a little wiggle. I sprayed with water and it let water into the cab the gasket doesn’t seal anywhere on the body. I definitely do not recommend protuning lights. 

14 hours ago, Payton34 said:

I sprayed with water and it let water into the cab the gasket doesn’t seal anywhere on the body. I definitely do not recommend protuning lights. 

Good to know!  Thanks.

Archived