Largest tire that fits a 2018 3500 duramax

1 hour ago, SierraHD17 said:

Nope.  Well there is lots of things done to the truck but that's the only thing done to it affecting ride height.  Stock front end with the bars cranked via the factory keys.  I probably sit a lot higher than a lot you guys do, I dunno.  I loaded an engine from a 2017 L5P truck into mine and he had a 6" lift and at least 35's.  He might have been 4" taller than mine including the rear.. it kind of pissed him off lol.

Wait, so even though you didnt mod the suspension, you are 2" higher due to a lighter engine?  

I have no idea why my truck sits higher...nor do I really care.  It's a Z71 hahaha... which means nothing.  I also don't have the clearance or rubbing problems some do.  I doubt my truck is one of one made (well options wise I wouldn't doubt it actually is one of one lol) so really others out there should sit just like my truck does.

Edited by SierraHD17

Do the airbags in the rear give you more clearance in the front? 
No, but when I'm empty, you need to have around 5psi in the bags so they don't get wrecked, which gives an inch or so of lift in the rear, so over all its like the truck got a 2"-3" lift kit.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, rocnrol said:

No, but when I'm empty, you need to have around 5psi in the bags so they don't get wrecked, which gives an inch or so of lift in the rear, so over all its like the truck got a 2"-3" lift kit.

Forgive me being dense.  But when you say " like the truck got a 2-3"..."do you mean that the front gets a little extra lift?  I think you answered this, but does the rear lift affect the front lift?

15 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

Forgive me being dense.  But when you say " like the truck got a 2-3"..."do you mean that the front gets a little extra lift?  I think you answered this, but does the rear lift affect the front lift?

He means the back end only.  I have bags in the rear of mine which I should keep at 10 pounds or so but they leak and go flat all the time and I just leave it lol.  I installed the bags only to keep the truck from going nose to the sky when I hook on a trailer.  The rear air bags don't do squat for the front.  I only put bags on mine about 3 months ago but have had my current tires and front "lift" for a year and a half.

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

He means the back end only.  I have bags in the rear of mine which I should keep at 10 pounds or so but they leak and go flat all the time and I just leave it lol.  I installed the bags only to keep the truck from going nose to the sky when I hook on a trailer.  The rear air bags don't do squat for the front.  I only put bags on mine about 3 months ago but have had my current tires and front "lift" for a year and a half.

Gotcha.  thanks.  I'm hell bent on fitting 295/70/18 MT Baja MTZ p3 on a 2017 Chevy 3500 HD 4x4 CCLB w/ stock 8" rims w/ a 2" level, a spacer, and cranked keys.  A number of people have told me that I dont even need the level, but I think I will probably have to.  The tire is only about 3/4" taller on the topside and 3/4" wider on each side.  Any feedback is welcome

Gotcha.  thanks.  I'm hell bent on fitting 295/70/18 MT Baja MTZ p3 on a 2017 Chevy 3500 HD 4x4 CCLB w/ stock 8" rims w/ a 2" level, a spacer, and cranked keys.  A number of people have told me that I dont even need the level, but I think I will probably have to.  The tire is only about 3/4" taller on the topside and 3/4" wider on each side.  Any feedback is welcome

You're good to go, worst you'll have is a little frame rubbing at full lock.

1 hour ago, rocnrol said:

You're good to go, worst you'll have is a little frame rubbing at full lock.

Nice.  Thanks for the reply.  Do I need the level?  And how bad is a little frame rub at full lock?

59 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

Nice.  Thanks for the reply.  Do I need the level?  And how bad is a little frame rub at full lock?

I have a 295/60/20 so I am the same width on OEM 20s and I don't ever touch the chassis even at full lock.  You will be fine lol.  

7 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

I would say with the stock keys cranked up, maybe some shock extenders, and yes, I think you'll fit them.

If it works, I'll buy you a beer.  (Domestic bottles only, offer only good in southeast Michigan)

• Like 1