Hard starting cold and hot

On 10/23/2017 at 6:11 PM, dewfpo said:

If fuel were leaking from an injector, the fuel pump would still be able to build and maintain pressure with the key on.  If you had a bad injector, you would see indications of it on the spark plug(s).  One would be black compared to the others.

If you turn your key on, the pump should come on, build pressure and then turn off unless the check valve is bad, there is a leak or the pump is failing.

Attach a fuel pressure gauge to the rail and turn your key on, see what pressure you have and see how quickly it bleeds down with the key on and the key off.

You could also pull your plugs and look for a fouled one.

Does your oil smell like gasoline?

DEWFPO

The fuel pressure with the key on engine off is 60psi. As soon as the pump stops priming it immediately goes back down to 0 psi. With the engine running it's at like 48psi and when I throttle up it drops to 45 at best. I think the check valve and pump are going. I don't think a injector could loose the much fuel in a second and once primed it starts right away. The oil does not smell like fuel and I replaced the spark plugs about 3,000 miles ago and I was having the problem then too and all the plugs looked really good nice very llight brown. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived