GMC mineral metallic?

Here's my 2018 Mineral Metallic baby. I'm thinking of doing all of the Chrome in Iridum Metallic (the kinda grey/brown our interior trim is I believe) and then coating the entire truck in a satin clear AutoFlex coating. Although it IS removeable, it's about a $2,000 commitment, so I haven't yet pulled the trigger. Great color though!

Truck 1.jpg

Truck 2.jpg

Truck 3.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my 2018 Mineral Metallic baby. I'm thinking of doing all of the Chrome in Iridum Metallic (the kinda grey/brown our interior trim is I believe) and then coating the entire truck in a satin clear AutoFlex coating. Although it IS removeable, it's about a $2,000 commitment, so I haven't yet pulled the trigger. Great color though!
59edef3ce7657_Truck1.thumb.jpg.d617a5cf32c15117494c3c357bdcc32c.jpg
59edef4428119_Truck2.thumb.jpg.864db54db0fc1566e12d21b2ef03ec58.jpg
59edef49b80e3_Truck3.thumb.jpg.d8657837e9a46b2a354137181e576013.jpg

You should also get a grille guard and have it painted in iridium, that would look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

You should also get a grille guard and have it painted in iridium, that would look amazing!

You don't think that plus an all Iridium Metallic grille would be too much? 

I've thought about a grille guard but don't know if I have seen one for the Sierras yet that I really like. Want something not too bulky that I still think would offer some protection.

You don't think that plus an all Iridium Metallic grille would be too much? 

I don’t think it it would look bad at all (again it’s just my opinion) but if you are thinking of doing all the chrome I think a grille guard of some sort would actually help tie it all together. Because if you did just the grille itself it would still look okay but you wouldn’t see it till you got to the front of the truck. Where if you had a bumper painted to match as well it would come around the side and tie the front in together with the side and onto the back. Just like my truck for example. It’s blue and I put a black stripe down the hood and installed a midnight edition grille as well but I also have a prerunner style bumper to bring the black around to the sides which ties into my black rims and nerf bars!

Nice, I see your point. I'm hoping the trim along the windows, mirrors, door handles, emblems and chrome inserts in the wheels all help from that aspect as well, however they are much smaller components.

31 minutes ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

I don’t think it it would look bad at all (again it’s just my opinion) but if you are thinking of doing all the chrome I think a grille guard of some sort would actually help tie it all together. Because if you did just the grille itself it would still look okay but you wouldn’t see it till you got to the front of the truck. Where if you had a bumper painted to match as well it would come around the side and tie the front in together with the side and onto the back. Just like my truck for example. It’s blue and I put a black stripe down the hood and installed a midnight edition grille as well but I also have a prerunner style bumper to bring the black around to the sides which ties into my black rims and nerf bars!

33 minutes ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

I also would like to either do the door trim strip or color match it to the paint (preferably) and tear into the Tail lights and spray all the visible chrome to be Iridium metallic too, just not sure if getting into those lights is worth the hassle or not. Any thoughts?

Nice, I see your point. I'm hoping the trim along the windows, mirrors, door handles, emblems and chrome inserts in the wheels all help from that aspect as well, however they are much smaller components.

They are but you’d be surprised, here is a picture of mine for example
9c98b99113133c79227781cae7c253a2.jpg69f4070483183e997e92d235a5e378eb.jpg

All the black is tied together and if you look at the little things like the bolts in the bumper, bolts in the flares, and little bolts along the lip of the rim, those all stay tied together with the chrome.

I also would like to either do the door trim strip or color match it to the paint (preferably) and tear into the Tail lights and spray all the visible chrome to be Iridium metallic too, just not sure if getting into those lights is worth the hassle or not. Any thoughts?

If you did the tail lights I think that would look really good for sure. The chrome trim honestly if you color matched it or did it iridium it’s one of those things that would look good no matter what. Personally I would colormatch it and get you some nerf bars and paint those iridium

On 10/23/2017 at 4:45 PM, BlueTopaz14 said:

They are but you’d be surprised, here is a picture of mine for example
9c98b99113133c79227781cae7c253a2.jpg69f4070483183e997e92d235a5e378eb.jpg

All the black is tied together and if you look at the little things like the bolts in the bumper, bolts in the flares, and little bolts along the lip of the rim, those all stay tied together with the chrome.

Yea I see what you're saying, that's a real clean looking truck man!

Yea I see what you're saying, that's a real clean looking truck man!

Thank you sir! I thought about trading it for a mineral metallic but I’ve dropped too much in it, that’s why I was curious about the color code, to debate painting mine!

Thank you sir! I thought about trading it for a mineral metallic but I’ve dropped too much in it, that’s why I was curious about the color code, to debate painting mine!

You should look into the AutoFlex coating I'm considering. It protects the paint 100% and is cuttable/buffable but also removeable. It's cheaper and less permanent than paint and cheaper than wrapping, they quoted me around $2,500 to do the entire truck in addition to handling all the trim/emblems and making them satin black!

On that note, do you have any suggestions on how I should go about the process of having my Door Molding Trim painted? This would be before I coat anything and I want it to be permanent. I want to have mine color-matched as all the Denali's have Chrome for that piece now. Only issue is it doesn't appear that the Mineral Metallic color is available on anything other than the Denali so my odds of finding any of these body-colored to start is slim-none.

Do you think it makes more sense to pick up some used Chrome/Black/Other color molding and have that painted and then carefully remove my brand new Chrome trim to sell, or is there not much of a market for that among our owners?

You should look into the AutoFlex coating I'm considering. It protects the paint 100% and is cuttable/buffable but also removeable. It's cheaper and less permanent than paint and cheaper than wrapping, they quoted me around $2,500 to do the entire truck in addition to handling all the trim/emblems and making them satin black!

On that note, do you have any suggestions on how I should go about the process of having my Door Molding Trim painted? This would be before I coat anything and I want it to be permanent. I want to have mine color-matched as all the Denali's have Chrome for that piece now. Only issue is it doesn't appear that the Mineral Metallic color is available on anything other than the Denali so my odds of finding any of these body-colored to start is slim-none.

Do you think it makes more sense to pick up some used Chrome/Black/Other color molding and have that painted and then carefully remove my brand new Chrome trim to sell, or is there not much of a market for that among our owners?

I actually just found out about that a couple of days ago, I’ve definitely been looking into it!

That is the route I’d take, you could have somebody who’m you know stands behind their work just go ahead and paint yours. It would be cheaper in the long run for sure. If not I would definitely try and find some that are already painted and have them color matched, they would be easier to paint than chrome ones (not that you can’t paint chrome, I painted my chrome headlight trim and it’s holding up like it came from the factory) That trim holds its price, even used if you’ve looked it up. But I wouldn’t say there is really a market for it, it’s just one of those things that maybe people would buy it, but since almost all the trucks come with it it’d be hard to sell in my opinion. But you could always keep them for extras just Incase. The double adhesive is easy to replace on them, I’ve taken one of mine off and put it back on because it was coming undone.

Archived