Need some help please im new

Can my 1997 gmc Sierra z71 with a 350 vortec pull a 35ft fifth wheel triple axle? I have over 300K miles but she's still strong and half of it has been rebuilt not long ago. I'm not pulling too far I just don't want to hurt the truck or put anyone in danger. Please email me or message me back asap thank u

Yes it's a 1500 and would be smooth flats through cities. I've pulled big loads before but this will be my biggest without a spotter :/ Thank u for the feed back, don't wanna put myself or anyone else's in danger and spend tons to fix my truck and camper. Much appreciated!!

Your truck has a towing capacity of 6,500 to 7,500 pounds, at the most. That trailer probably weighs somewhere between 12,000 and 18,000 pounds. No one is going to tell you that's a good idea.

Negative I'm buying off Craigslist and I just wanted a second opinion before I wrote my trucks death wish lol. I may look young but I'm not dumb, and I double check before I put my life or others at risk

You need a 3500 DRW for a fifth wheel that is large enough that the trailer manufacturer thought it needed to be a triple.

(Trailers are sold at least partially on price -- they aren't adding axles they don't need.)

Archived