What do you do with ite camera and electric lock harness if you do manage to get it off?  Come to think of it I have no desire to remove the tailgate and have not removed one on my last five trucks.

5 hours ago, Ibmikey said:

What do you do with ite camera and electric lock harness if you do manage to get it off?  Come to think of it I have no desire to remove the tailgate and have not removed one on my last five trucks.

I think there should be a plug cover to protect the camera/electric harnesses when you remove the gate from the truck. I know some people remove it when going hunting or off-roading. But thanks, that's good to know 

I used to take the gate off my old truck w/ 8' bed when I got a load of bark or gravel and I had to shovel it out. It was easier to reach in/ shorter distance to push it out, and you didn't get all the crap jammed in the gap between bed & gate.

But I bought a landscape trailer now so I don't have to do that with my new truck. Wouldn't be able to fit 1/2 a yard of wood chips in this short bed anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived