I have no inside information... Probably because they came out with the diesel engine to replace it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Maybe because they downsized...the new one is lighter, and smaller from what I remember. They may be going a different direction?

It also was a significant cost increase over a 2.4l, my guess is it wasn't a hot seller...most people would find it not worth the cost to upgrade over a 2.4l. It was nearly a $5k added cost over a similar 2.4l, and we struggled to find a v6 on the lot, let alone an AWD one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This was all spearheaded during the High Oil prices and economy crashing.  GM ground up small displacement clean sheets now your seeing those make it into vehicles.  GM has already stated that this run of small displacement engines "was too small" and will be going with stuff 2.0 and over from here out........

2.0 Turbo replaced it (lighter, lighter car).  The 2.0 is faster than the V6 too.  The 2.0 picked a good MPG chunk too over the V6, which is more than likely the biggest driving feature for dumping the V6. 

Highway MPG for the 2.0T with AWD is 28mpg, vs 23mpg for the V6, and in FWD configuration its 29mpg vs. 24mpg. 

More importantly, the city MPG picked up a bit more.  22mpg vs. 16mpg for AWD, and 22mpg vs. 17mpg  FWD.

5mpg, only 20ft.lbs less torque, but its faster, tows the same 3500lbs, and the engine is lighter (as well is the car). 

I drove an 18 with the 2.0T, that thing hauled a$$.  I enjoyed the 2.0T/9A vs. the 3.6/6A all day long.  Way better to drive. 

Edited by newdude
  • Thanks 1