New toy for those of you into Weigh-Safe

• 3 months later...
I like it! Would definitely want to get one! Even though I don't presently have a bumper pull trailer at the moment. Right now I have a fifth wheel. But still would love to have the option of pulling a 2" or a 2 5/16" trailer if I need to. I've got a 2 5/16" ball I bought for my 3/4 ton truck when we owned a bumper pull, but never actually used it. Ended up getting rid of that trailer before we could pull it anywhere.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

That's nice, I didn't know they made that.  You can put that on any ballmount and be set.  I use their 8" drop hitch as my go-to hitch, very nice:

IMAG1265_resize.jpg

Really handy for car trailers, etc, so you can get the tongue weight right where you want.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a dealer for these hitches but customers need to know their truck ratings!  The scale warns when heavy but some trucks only have a 500lb max tongue weight without weight distribution and these scales on the hitch don't know your hitch rating.

Look on the sticker on the truck hitch or your owner's manual to avoid a dangerous towing situation.

And NO, going for a short trip slow is not safer.

Archived