On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Yonah_Mtn said:

One of my favorites is the CRK&T Crawford Kasper. Although it is a liner lock, it has a lever that locks the liner lock in place. Many locks fail under hard abuse. The spine is .15" thick which personally I prefer a thick spine to a thin one. The blade is 8Cr14MoV although not as "fancy" a stainless as many, it sharpens easily and holds an edge. As I have big hands,  the 5-3/8" handle gives me a firm grip. The two screws adjust the blade opening friction; find what you prefer and use blue thread locker.

The weakness, a coin can jam the blade.. The fix, carry coins in the other front pocket. :rolleyes:

One of the most important parts of choosing a knife is your preference for how you grip it and where you carry it also. Different grips (saber, modified saber, Filipino, ice pick, reverse ice pick etc etc) require different fighting styles.  Where you carry is the easiest, it is where you can put it into use the fastest. Same as shooting, practice, practice, practice.

My favorite fixed blade is a Sissi Puukko

http://northernbush.com/review-peltonen-sissipuukko-ranger-knife-m95/

That folder looks like a handy one.  I know zip about a knife fight but having one make sense. I've carried little pocket ones since I was a kid.  That steel is a typical martensitic (hardenable) stainless steel.  Good carbon content for hardening, a good bit of chromium for corrosion and wear resistance, and some molybdenum  for machinability and  fracture resistance.  If the processes by which that steel was made were good, the steel should be excellent for the purpose.

It is an above average edge with an inexpensive price.  I have others made of fancy stainless steels that take a long time to dull and a long time to sharpen.. One of the original issue Ka-Bar's claims to fame is easy to sharpen. 

Knife fighting's disadvantage is one will get cut.  

Not to hijack the thread, but as it points out the effectiveness of mobility and how fast an attacker can cover 21';  this is an interesting reading..

https://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/the-tueller-drill-revisited

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently got into folders. I have (from Spyderco) a S110V PM2, Manix 2XL, Slysz Bowie, Delica4. Zero Tolerance I have a 0460, 0450cf, 0456. Several daily beater D2 knives like Bestech's, OKC Rat's and a Carter Prime and Steel Will Cutjack. Canada's brilliant border agents just came out with a restriction denying the import of "one handed opening knives" so now flippers, even many thumb-stud knives will get held in customs, so my collecting is 100% on hold right now. It is easier to get guns than work tools here apparently. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...