GM certified front camera

So since I'm a Chevy legend member I got 20% off all accessories so I decided to order the front facing camera for the 2017 Silverado and it took $100 off so I'm getting it for $400 and the dealer is going to install it for $93.. I thought it was a good deal instead of paying almost $600 plus tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So since I'm a Chevy legend member I got 20% off all accessories so I decided to order the front facing camera for the 2017 Silverado and it took $100 off so I'm getting it for $400 and the dealer is going to install it for $93.. I thought it was a good deal instead of paying almost $600 plus tax

What does this front camera do and where does it go?

What does this front camera do and where does it go?

It goes under the front bow tie and allows you to monitor how close you get to something infront of you or if you wanna watch it while driving you can do so too

• Like 3

It goes under the front bow tie and allows you to monitor how close you get to something infront of you or if you wanna watch it while driving you can do so too

Details please! I just added front park assist this weekend. Would love to add a camera to it as well. Assuming the camera just “plugs” into something and triggers to the radio when you approach?

• Like 1

Details please! I just added front park assist this weekend. Would love to add a camera to it as well. Assuming the camera just “plugs” into something and triggers to the radio when you approach?

Yes!! If you already have the intellihaul system all you need is the $179 camera. If you don't have the intellihaul system, then it's $499 for it all

• Like 1

Is there anyway to add rear park assist to a truck that doesn't have it?

• Like 2

Is there anyway to add rear park assist to a truck that doesn't have it?

Adding rears would probably be more difficult as this would mean that you don’t have any module at all. The module is located behind the passenger seat. There are 3 connectors, Input for the rear, Input for the front, and output to the BCM. Without the factory rears would most likely mean no module at all. Can it be done? Fairly certain it can. At what cost?? Not sure. Will the Dealer Support his add on? Most likely not. I had to get my module programmed by WAMS to get the front to register.

I'm in the process of adding one since there's some tight spots at the local parking lots and I've got a bull bar .

I'm using one of the 'kits' that are about $50 for the screen , camera , and harness . I took a piece of kydex plastic and made a mount for the screen (heat the plastic with heat gun and shape it) , then mounted it in that compartment that I never seem to use .

20170914_193533.jpg

• Like 2

I'm in the process of adding one since there's some tight spots at the local parking lots and I've got a bull bar .
I'm using one of the 'kits' that are about $50 for the screen , camera , and harness . I took a piece of kydex plastic and made a mount for the screen (heat the plastic with heat gun and shape it) , then mounted it in that compartment that I never seem to use .

20170914_193533.jpg.8a00635538fbf0407c3fab2748747360.jpg

Nice!! I used this location for my switches for the strobes and side marker lights

10 minutes ago, Jmiller11331 said:

Nice!! I used this location for my switches for the strobes and side marker lights

Thanks !

I was going to put the switches in there too but am putting mine in the overhead since I have the room .

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Here's the link to the piece.  It is made by Echomaster and the instructions PDF is under Downloads.  Looks pretty simple.  Just press and hold the BACK button on the radio to activate.

https://echomaster.com/catalog/all-products/fc-gmoeff-hd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1